Windows 8 a Win8 cheat does not work for me

kkay

:apologetic: I know if I am in the Metro, I can press the window button to go back to the desktop. But I read about a cheat, that you press the win key, it will get you back to desktop, if you press it again, it will take you back to the AP you were currently on. This does not work for me, for some reason. I saw this in the Windows 8 Cheat Keys ap, the free one. Does this work for everyone else? It certainly isn't working for me. I have to go from desktop to start, then click win key, and tab, to get back to my active ap.

I guess what I am trying to say, when I am on a certain ap in metro, then I click win key to go back to desktop, I cannot hit win again, or win-D to get back to the ap I was on. I have to go to Win+Tab to pick from an active ap. There has to be an easier way, less clicks.

You can also use the Upper, Left corner to jump to an active app, unless you have disabled the hot corners via a Start Orb replacement app.

Win + Tab is an accepted method of jumping between active apps.

Yes, that is all good, but the issue is, I was supposed to be able to hit the Win key twice, to go back and forth...and it isn't working. (hit once to go to desktop, hit it once more to go back to my active ap in metro) I already knew how to do it the long way. I just wanted to use the short cut if possible. Has anyone else been able to use it? Maybe it is because I am not using a touch screen that it will not work?

Back