Ableton Live

BrutalMoose

Hello I am using Ableton live on Win. I am new to using this app. Someone installed the VSTs, but I am not able to get ahold of them, so I am on my own now. I would like to move the VSTs to a different folder in File Explorer. But when I do that, they no longer show in Ableton Live. How do I do that? Do I have to use the .VitalBank file again? Will it damage the program if I install the .VitalBank file twice? Thank you.

Hello! To move VSTs to a different folder in Ableton Live, you need to follow these steps:

1. Open the Ableton Live application.
2. Go to "Preferences" by clicking on "Options" at the top menu bar, and then selecting "Preferences" from the dropdown menu or by using the shortcut Ctrl + , (comma).
3. In the "Preferences" window, click on the "File/Folder" tab.
4. Locate the "Plug-In Sources" section and click on "Browse" next to it.
5. Now, navigate to the new folder where you have moved your VSTs and click "OK" or "Choose" to select that folder.
6. After selecting the new folder, click "OK" on the "Preferences" window to save the changes.

Ableton Live will rescan the new folder and make the VSTs available for use in the application. However, if the VSTs still don't show up, you may need to manually add the new folder to Ableton Live's Plugin Sources list.

To do this, click on "Add Folder" in the "Plug-In Sources" section of the "File/Folder" tab in Ableton Live's "Preferences" window. Then, navigate to the new folder and select it.

Regarding the .VitalBank file, it is specific to the Vital synthesizer. Installing the .VitalBank file won't damage Ableton Live, but it only applies to the Vital plugin. It won't have any effect on other VSTs or audio plugins you have installed.

If you still encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to ask!

Back