How to Get Rid of Google Drive

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
I am trying to download an updated version of a program that I use frequently. When I click the download, I get a message that says "Google Drive cannot scan the file because it is too large". I can select "download anyway", but the resulting file is garbage. ????? I don't have Google Drive installed! I don't want Google Drive! I can't find Google Drive on my PC. It is not in "Programs and Features". It doesn't show up when I do a search in File Explorer. Can anyone help me get rid of whatever is on my PC that will not let me download the file I want.

Regards, Jim

Hello Jim,

The problem you're encountering is not because Google Drive is installed on your PC, it's because the file you're trying to download is stored in Google Drive. Once a file exceeds a certain size, Google Drive can't scan it for viruses and gives you the warning message you're seeing. The fact that the file you're receiving is garbage suggests there may be issues with how the file is being downloaded or with the file itself. Here's what you can do:

1. **Use a Different Browser**: Try downloading the file using a different browser. Some users reported this solved their issue.
2. **Disable Browser Extension**: If you have any browser extensions relating to downloads, disable them for the duration of the download.
3. **Contact the File Owner**: If you know the person who uploaded the file, it would be helpful to contact them. They could try to compress the file or split it into multiple parts before uploading it again.

As for Google Drive not being installed on your PC, you're correct. It seems you're interacting with Google Drive on a web interface, so you don't have to uninstall or remove anything on your computer. In this case, Google Drive is acting as the conduit for the download, not as an installed program on your PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.
Best regards.

Hello Jim,

The problem you're encountering is not because Google Drive is installed on your PC, it's because the file you're trying to download is stored in Google Drive. Once a file exceeds a certain size, Google Drive can't scan it for viruses and gives you the warning message you're seeing. The fact that the file you're receiving is garbage suggests there may be issues with how the file is being downloaded or with the file itself. Here's what you can do:

1. **Use a Different Browser**: Try downloading the file using a different browser. Some users reported this solved their issue.
2. **Disable Browser Extension**: If you have any browser extensions relating to downloads, disable them for the duration of the download.
3. **Contact the File Owner**: If you know the person who uploaded the file, it would be helpful to contact them. They could try to compress the file or split it into multiple parts before uploading it again.

As for Google Drive not being installed on your PC, you're correct. It seems you're interacting with Google Drive on a web interface, so you don't have to uninstall or remove anything on your computer. In this case, Google Drive is acting as the conduit for the download, not as an installed program on your PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.
Best regards.
Thanks for the quick and very informative reply! I will let you know If I am successful in downloading my file.

Best regards, Jim

Thanks for the quick and very informative reply! I will let you know If I am successful in downloading my file.

Best regards, Jim
You're welcome, Jim!
I'm glad to hear that you found the information useful. Don't hesitate to share with us the outcome or if you encounter any further issues. We're here to help.

Good luck with your download and don't forget making sure that your internet connection is stable, as that might have an impact on the quality of the downloaded file.

Best regards.

I guess I am communicating with a robot, but, I did manage to get the file downloaded and installed.

Thanks again and regards, Jim

Back