Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5570z screen flicker.

klasjosh30

Hello everyone, Recently my mom gave me a laptop which is an Acer Aspire 5570z and it came with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

its an older computer but she didn't want it! and well... I did.

I noticed the screen brightness flickers a lot and its annoying and also inter fears with my game (maple story)

I don't know if it ever flickered on Vista since I only had vista for about.. 30 seconds.

Why does the brightness flicker? and what can I do to fix it? -Thanks!

Solution
Congratulations on receiving the Acer Aspire 5570z laptop from your mom! The screen brightness flickering issue you're experiencing can be quite bothersome, especially when it interferes with your gaming experience. Here are some possible reasons for the screen brightness flickering and steps you can take to address it:
### Reasons for Screen Brightness Flickering:
1. Driver Issues: Outdated or corrupted display drivers can cause screen flickering.
2. Incompatible Application: Certain applications or games may not be compatible with the display settings, causing flickering.
3. Faulty Hardware: A malfunctioning display or GPU hardware can also result in screen flickering.
### Steps to Fix Screen Brightness Flickering...
Congratulations on receiving the Acer Aspire 5570z laptop from your mom! The screen brightness flickering issue you're experiencing can be quite bothersome, especially when it interferes with your gaming experience. Here are some possible reasons for the screen brightness flickering and steps you can take to address it:
### Reasons for Screen Brightness Flickering:
1. Driver Issues: Outdated or corrupted display drivers can cause screen flickering.
2. Incompatible Application: Certain applications or games may not be compatible with the display settings, causing flickering.
3. Faulty Hardware: A malfunctioning display or GPU hardware can also result in screen flickering.
### Steps to Fix Screen Brightness Flickering:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Visit the Acer support website or the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest display drivers for your laptop.
- Ensure that the drivers are compatible with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
2. Adjust Power Settings:
- Sometimes, power settings can affect screen brightness. Adjust the power settings to ensure they are optimal for your usage.
- Check if there are any specific settings related to screen brightness in the power settings options.
3. Check Compatibility:
- Verify if Maple Story has specific display settings or compatibility requirements.
- Adjust the in-game display settings to see if that resolves the flickering issue.
4. Hardware Check:
- If the issue persists after updating drivers and adjusting settings, there might be a hardware problem.
- Consider contacting Acer support or a technician to diagnose and repair any hardware issues.
### Additional Tips:
  • Reduce Screen Brightness: Lowering the screen brightness manually can sometimes reduce flickering.
  • External Display: If available, connect an external monitor to check if the flickering persists. This can help determine if the issue is with the laptop's display.
Before proceeding with any changes, it's advisable to back up your important data. Since this laptop runs on Windows Vista, it's essential to take precautions due to the age of the operating system and potential compatibility issues.
By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the screen brightness flickering on your Acer Aspire 5570z laptop and hopefully enjoy a smoother gaming experience.

Solution
Back