Windows Vista Adobe Acrobat not working with Vista Home Premium

machop66

Hi Everyone!
I hope this site proves useful, it looks great. Anyway, I can't seem to read files from Adobe Acrobat. I have Adobe Acrobat 7.0. I am trying to read some .pdf files from linksys.com and it says something about having a compatibility issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Maria

I just got off the phone with Adobe. They advised me that the Acrobat 7.0 professional is not compatible with vista. I informed them that last year I purchased 7.0 for my desktop which was running xp. Earlier this year, I purchased a laptop running vista and when I tried transferring the acrobat activation to the laptop it was rejected because 7.0 is not compatible. Needless to say - I'm pretty pissed because I purchased the full version for $400+ last year and now I need to upgrade (they have no patch) for a tune of $159. THIEVERY!!!

I have Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista home Premium. I went to the Adobe Acrobat Reader site to download the latest version 9.0 but that would take 9 hours 30 mins to complete the download! Did u guys also take that long?

Wow! Thats a long download time :eek:.. I found it was a normal download time of a few minutes but I'm using broadband, are you on dial-up? If your not and are using broadband I'd wait until a quiet period of the day as net traffick can sometimes effect download speeds.

On my laptop I have Creative Suite 3.0 and Adobe 8. Everything was working fine two days ago. Last night I cannot operate any of my adobe programs.

Error mesage reads I have to repair it, or I have to uninstall and reinstall, which I have done both and still nothing is working.

Any ideas!!

As far as I am aware the download file size of Adobe Reader 9.0 is around 33MB. I can't quite see where the download would take over 9 hrs even on dial up.
However Adobe have an annoying habit of trying to get you to update to a newer version without asking.
System Restore as kemical suggests going back to before you had problems is worth trying.
Incidently is Adobe reader not included in Creative Suite 3.0?? and regarding if you are on dial-up, you will not be able to use Adobe Stock Photos and some other services as they appear to requie a broadband connection.

Back