Windows 7 advanced recovery, reinstall windows 7

Marjolein

Hi everyone,

I bought a computer with windows 7 already installed and ready to go. I asked a friend to put a virusscanner on this computer, but somehow he got me wrong.
He has completely reinstalled windows 7 on my computer, but an english (i'm dutch) and not genuine version of windows 7. I tried to reinstall my real version of windows 7 with the advanced recovery program, but it doesnt work. In the beginning I made 3 cd-roms for recovery, but they don't seem te work.
This is what I do: start - control panel - recovery - advanced recovery.
It says that the computer is going to restars. The computer shuts down, but never starts again. The cd-rom is in the computer, but it doen't work.
If I try 'computer, drive E' it says: ''the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.''

I have used this not genuine version of windows for almost 2 months now, and since last week it started telling me that it is not genuine. Every time I start the computer I get this.

Can someone please tell me how to get my real windows 7 back and running?? thanks!

You should be able to boot into the recovery partition on your hard drive by holding down the alt ket and pressing F10 immediately after you switch the laptop on.

Back
Top Bottom