Windows 7 aero

rksudhagar

the aerofeature doesn't work in P4M800 motherboard. It says to update driver. But my driver is upto date. What should i do?. my onboard graphic memory is 64 mb.do i need to attach a agp video card?:)i am not able to play games. it says hardware acceleration is disabled.

It seems like you are facing issues with Aero feature not working on your P4M800 motherboard despite having updated drivers, and you are unable to play games due to disabled hardware acceleration. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these issues:

### Aero Feature Issue:
1. Verify Hardware Compatibility:
- Ensure that your hardware meets the minimum requirements for Aero feature. Some older hardware may not support Aero effects due to limitations.

2. Check Windows Experience Index:
- Check your Windows Experience Index to see if your system is capable of running Aero effects. You can access this by typing "Performance Information and Tools" in the Start menu.

3. Update Graphics Driver:
- Even if you believe your drivers are up to date, it's recommended to download and install the latest drivers from the official manufacturer's website.

4. Troubleshooting Aero:
- Run the Aero troubleshooting tool provided by Windows. To access it, go to Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Appearance and Personalization.

### Hardware Acceleration & Gaming Issue:
1. Graphics Performance:
- An onboard graphic memory of 64MB may not be sufficient for modern games. Adding a separate AGP video card could significantly improve gaming performance.

2. Enabling Hardware Acceleration:
- To enable hardware acceleration:
- Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings."
- Scroll down and click on "Graphics settings."
- Ensure that hardware acceleration is enabled.

3. Game Compatibility:
- Check if the games you are trying to play are compatible with your current hardware specifications.

### Adding an AGP Video Card:
- If you're looking to enhance your gaming experience and improve graphics performance, adding an AGP video card could be a good option. Make sure to check the compatibility of the video card with your motherboard before purchasing.

In summary, updating drivers, checking hardware compatibility, enabling hardware acceleration, and considering a dedicated video card are essential steps to troubleshoot the Aero feature and gaming performance issues on your system.

Back