Windows 10 All UWP Apps are missing

NerferMC

All of my UWP Apps are missing including Microsoft Store. I checked AppReadiness and it contains nothing. Program Files\WindowsApps does not exist too. Even creating that folder disappears immediately.

I have tried every methods on the web and it didn't work.

I just bought my laptop yesterday and it seems that the previous user deleted all UWP apps and installs Classic shell.
I cannot refresh/reinstall windows at this time.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    178.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    179.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    167.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    195.3 KB · Views: 151
nevermind about this. I have fixed it using different method. Is there any way to lock this thread?

From a security perspective if someone buys a computer second hand and a clean install hasn't been done of that system I would immediately do so before using and for the past owners sake I would use a free space wiper such as sdelete from SysInternals to remove any left over data.

The reasoning for this is there are simply a lot of unknowns
  • You don't know what state the system is in
  • You don't know what the previous owner installed (malicious intent or not)
  • You don't know if they had proper EPP ( potential for malware on the system)
  • Owner may have left sensitive data (not really your responsibility, but a nicety to remove it)
  • Potential for corruption and other damaging system tweaks
You certainly don't have to take this action, but I do highly recommend it.

I just saw the system properties. It says "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC". I'd like to use Windows 10 Home/Pro but is there any other way of downgrading other than clean install?

I solved it by searching a random github page but it installs an outdated version of store.

You can't typically buy Enterprise outside of having a volume license. I have a sneaking suspicious that computer has a cracked license, the license is being used illegally or it's a KMS license which will deactivate in 6 months. I would purchase a retail version of either Home or Pro then from a command prompt type slui 3 and enter the product code. If it doesn't take it you may need to do a clean install

You can't typically buy Enterprise outside of having a volume license. I have a sneaking suspicious that computer has a cracked license, the license is being used illegally or it's a KMS license which will deactivate in 6 months. I would purchase a retail version of either Home or Pro then from a command prompt type slui 3 and enter the product code. If it doesn't take it you may need to do a clean install
Since I bought this PC (Second-hand), It comes with LTSC version. (It seems that the previous user installed this edition). I just downloaded an .iso (standard win10) from microsoft website. Is there a way to use the same product key that comes with my PC? (OEM/BIOS key). I don't have a key in my back of my laptop.

Computers don't come with Enterprise and these licenses are tied to the organizations that have the licenses so it's likely not legally licensed right now. OEM licenses are tied to the systems they come on and can't be transferred. You need a retail license.

Back