Windows 10 "And Now for Something completely Different"

Drew

Banned
"And now for something completely different"

Does this apply to what Microsoft knew they were giving people w/ Windows 8.
OR
Does it apply to what people thought Microsoft was giving them w/ Windows 8?
OR
Does it apply to Windows 10?

Windows 8 was different from the past and a window to the future. It was packed w/ fun, innovative, new & unfamiliar approaches to computing. It was both loved & or hated. It was ok & accepted or completely misunderstood & rejected. It was interesting, clever, somewhat challenging and in some ways, silly.

Enter Windows 10. Now, this is seriously, easy computing, be it for work or play. And nothing silly. Just pure, straight-forward computing. It is so refreshing, a real down-to-earth pleasure. No gimmicks, no bell-n-whistles, nothing hidden or popping in & out, nothing magically disappearing in edges, no 'poke me' corners. Sure it is a work-in-progress, right now, that is, still, being built. Ultimately, people and businesses are going to like this and the pleasant, simplistic computing it offers. A serious, clear & easy approach to future computing for work & or play w/ Windows 10. This is something completely different and better and it does apply to Windows 10.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Sorry Drew. No argument. You have expressed the same pov several times, as have others. My query has to be restated. Windows 8.1, desktop mode, and Windows X. What exactly is it you are finding, ref:

"No gimmicks, no bell-n-whistles, nothing hidden or popping in & out, nothing magically disappearing in edges, no 'poke me' corners."

"This is something completely different and better and it does apply to Windows 10".

What is so different. Please do not mention the Start menu.

And again, I will emphasise I have no problem with Windows X. It needs a little work still and, for me, has progressed slightly backwards with the second build. I am assured that the mentioned bugs are being attended to, as we write.

Last edited:
That the 'using it' experience, certainly, compared to Win8, is different & in a way that people will find appealing. Just saying the 'less is more' concept is going to go over well w/ both Consumers and Enterprise. Because this OS is not a mysterious struggle full of funky ways to just do work, daily tasks & or play, that makes it different AND more alluring.

There is some fine technologies but, most people don't care. They just want an OS to do everything they want & need, fast & w/ ease... not its ease, theirs. That's the good difference when it comes to Windows 10. No big, steep learning curve & people won't find it weird or strange.

Sorry if I'm repeating, @ all, anything I or others have said. Please, try to forgive me. I try so hard not to repeat.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

It's election time here in my neck of the woods...and that statement you made Drew is no better then those "slander commercials" (albeit in a positive light) that the candidates are using against one another....same stuff just re-worded over and over.

Last edited:
It's election time here in my neck of the woods...and that state you made Drew is no better then those "slander commercials" (albeit in a positive light) that the candidates are using against one another....same stuff just re-worded over and over.
I realise I am slightly off topic, or should that be, by a mile but.. I am running win 10 tech preview as I run windows 8 and 8.1 as I run windows 7. I do not indulge in apps and such like on my desktop. I find the windows 10 preview a fast and stable OS in the main. Still in preview so sometimes ,IE stutters and stalls. Sometimes the links fail to work and a quick refresh is required.
Well back to the , Cooler and happy posting to one and all = Yay ;)

It's election time here in my neck of the woods...and that statement you made Drew is no better then those "slander commercials" (albeit in a positive light) that the candidates are using against one another....same stuff just re-worded over and over.

Never would have expected such as this from you, Jim! To dump me in w/ politicians & "slander" just for sharing a thought that I suspect people will like Win 10 more than 8 or take to it better than many did to Win8 and find it easier to use.

Thanks a lot.

Sure do make me regret opening my mouth or mind.

At least, my musing received better & nicer reaction from many other people (who aren't even friends, per se) & in other Tech Forums.

Cheers,
Drew

I meant no disrespect....just saying...you same the same stuff over and over just like the commercials here during elections. Same stuff only the title is different...which in that itself is misleading to what the post is actually about. It's no different the slander commercials form each candidate. If you go back and reread all your post on windows 10, they all just about same the same. Granted you do make some valid points but most of it is like patting your self on the back. As a member, along with other members, we see the same thing. Hence what Dave said in post #2. It's nothing personal....I also stated that your comments "where in a positive" manner not negative.

If your post was actually inline with what subject title...then we're all ears.
That the 'using it' experience, certainly, compared to Win8, is different & in a way that people will find appealing. Just saying the 'less is more' concept is going to go over well w/ both Consumers and Enterprise. Because this OS is not a mysterious struggle full of funky ways to just do work, daily tasks & or play, that makes it different AND more alluring.

There is some fine technologies but, most people don't care. They just want an OS to do everything they want & need, fast & w/ ease... not its ease, theirs. That's the good difference when it comes to Windows 10. No big, steep learning curve & people won't find it weird or strange.

Sorry if I'm repeating, @ all, anything I or others have said. Please, try to forgive me. I try so hard not to repeat.

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 28494

BTW...what the heck happened to the post counts....they are missing.

OH hell...I found them....never mind

I meant no disrespect....just saying...you same the same stuff over and over just like the commercials here during elections. Same stuff only the title is different...which in that itself is misleading to what the post is actually about. It's no different the slander commercials form each candidate. If you go back and reread all your post on windows 10, they all just about same the same. Granted you do make some valid points but most of it is like patting your self on the back. As a member, along with other members, we see the same thing. Hence what Dave said in post #2. It's nothing personal....I also stated that your comments "where in a positive" manner not negative.

If your post was actually inline with what subject title...then we're all ears.

Alright, thanks. I assure you, I will try hard to not repeat & to contribute (much) less. Sorry, to displease. Will work hard to meet what y'all feel is proper. Thanks, my friend, for pointing out the error of my ways that make my comments irritating. The future is looking bright.

Cheers,
Drew

Back
Top Bottom