Anthem Update 1.0.3
Below you will find the update notes for all of the fixes and improvements that the team has been working on. The current plan is for patch 1.0.3 to go out between 7am and 9am Central Time on March 9th.
Everyone here at BioWare is already hard at work on the next update to continue making Anthem better with each patch.
We thank you for all of your feedback, bug reports and support!
Strong Alone, Stronger Together!
High level fixes and changes
General Fixes and Improvements
- Respawn restrictions have been removed - Respawn timers are now based on the activity a player is in. Crit-Path, Agent Missions and other non-end game missions now have a respawn timer of 10 seconds. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts, and other end game missions now have a respawn timer of 30 seconds. The respawn timer Freeplay remains unchanged.
- Loot Changes - Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops will no longer appear for players that are level 30.
- Improved stability for all platforms - this includes fixes for a number of issues that were causing crashes or connection problems
- Audio Improvements - Fixed a number of issues that could cause audio to drop out
- Fixed a number of issues that were blocking players from accessing the Forge
- All missions should now properly end when all conditions have been met
- The inbox now properly displays information on PC (the inbox is found in the newsfeed)
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to be unable to interact with NPCs in Fort Tarsis
- The vault is no longer accessible from the Forge. This change was made to improve performance
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to hang when entering menus while on an expedition
- Titans will no longer respawn on missions after they are defeated. Example: if players defeat 2 out of 3 titans and then wipe on the third, the first two will not reappear when players respawn during a mission
- Server shutdown messages should now appear less often
- The ability to Quickplay into a Stronghold has been added back to the game
- Mouse button 4 is no longer bound to the back button for PC players
- Crashes that occurred while selecting certain conversation options when interacting with an NPC have been fixed
- Players should no longer get stuck at the end of the “Tomb of General Tarsis” mission
- Players should now run into less issues during Quickplay missions. Additional improvements to Quickplay will be coming in future updates
- Players should no longer get stuck behind fogwalls on missions or in strongholds as often
- Players should now receive credit for the “There Be Giants” challenge when they are downed and when the event is active
- Improved the audio when defeating creatures to provide better feedback
- Changed wording for server shutdown messaging to better indicate that it is just the players server shutting down, not the entire game server
- Players may now launch an expedition from anywhere within the launch bay and Fort Tarsis.
- PS4 led lights will now change based on the javelin being used
- It should now be harder for players to get stun locked by certain enemy compositions
- The values on max flight time inscriptions have been increased
- The appearance of the N7 vinyl on Legion of Dawn armor has been improved
- Haluk will now properly face players during certain dialogue scenes
- The message “Open the Cortex to track the legionnaire Challenges” will no longer pop up after completing the appropriate challenges
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to get stuck at the entrance to the sewers in the Temple of the Scar Stronghold
Damage and Item Scaling Changes
- Titans: We have made several balance changes to all variations of Titans
- Reduced overall damage mitigation from 100% to between 70% and 75% depending on the damage type.
- Increased the time that weakpoints are exposed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented effects from applying and thus preventing combos.
- Increased the damage the Titan takes from weakpoint hits.
- Lesser Titan’s weakpoint’s have been changed to always be active.
- Improved the collision on the ring and seeking projectile attacks. This should make them easier to dodge.
- Decreased the radius of the seeking projectile attack.
- Decreased the damage done by the self-destruct ability.
- Frozen Scar Enforcers and Scrappers can no longer move or attack while frozen.
- The Monitor’s health has been greatly reduced in the Heart of Rage Stronghold.
- Players will be less likely to be repeatedly staggered by heavy attacks.
- Adjusted the force applied by some creature attacks down which will lower the frequency of player’s being staggered.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Adjusted the damage scaling of secondary damage sources. These now scale with Average Item Power. This will allow these damage sources to better scale in the Grandmaster Difficulties. This will increase the scaling of the following:
- Melee Damage
- Combo Damage
- Ultimate Damage
- Status Effects
- Item Procs (e.g. Proc from Yvenia’s Thunder)
- Item Power scaling has changed to better reflect the actual power of the item based on its rarity. This is applied to all items retroactively. Players will see the Power of their items go up.
Item Balance Updates
- The Ultimate ability bar will no longer appear full at the start of a mission when it isn’t actually full
- Weapon recoil will now stop once an exo is looking straight up
- Fixed a number of animation issues that could occur when the Colossus was using its shield
- It should no longer be possible for the Interceptor to become Frozen while starting up their ultimate
- Interceptor Aura damage will now deal the correct type of damage based on the active aura
- Players can no longer equip abilities from one javelin to another
- The Colossus can now use gear faster after being attacked by a heavy hit from enemies
- The Colossus can now shield charge through destructible objects such as explosive canisters or harvest nodes
- The Colossus now recovers faster after crashing into walls
Item Bug Fixes
- Increased the base health of Wind Wall and Bulwark Point to provide better scaling in higher difficulties. The duration of these has been reduced to 20 seconds, down from 60 seconds
- Burst Mortar’s damage has been increased to 300, up from 145 and its cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds. Its description has also been fixed
- Flak Cannon’s damage has been increased to 42, up from 30
- Battle Cry’s description has been updated to explain that it also reduces the resistances of affected targets
- Wraith Strike’s damage has been increased to 250, up from 200 and it will now apply elemental effect to targets based on the active aura
- Note: Description text for Wraith Strike will be updated in 1.0.4.
Inscription Bug Fixes
- Wind Wall should no longer block or interfere with other player abilities
- Ranger Grenadier Component will now correctly lower the cooldown of grenade abilities
- Fixed an issue where certain weapons were not firing where the crosshairs were aimed
- The Ice Blast ability for the Storm javelin now has the primer icon correctly displayed
Masterwork Item Balance Updates
- The Thruster Delay Recovery inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Overheat Delay Recovery inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Weapon Reload Bonus inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- Note: These will have non-updated text values until the next patch (1.0.4)
Masterwork Item Bug Fixes
- Increased the base damage of the following Masterwork Weapons.
- Ralner’s Blaze
- Rolling Carnage
- Cycle of Pain
- The Last Stand
- Glorious Result
- Insult and Injury
- Sentinel Vengeance
- Gnosta’s Balm
- Vassa’s Surprise
- Soothing Touch
- Renewed Courage
- Artinia’s Gambit
In addition to the above updates, we wanted to let you know of some other known issues that the team is working on fixing:
- Ralner’s Blaze - Will no longer roll with incorrect inscriptions
- Ablative Shielding now provides the proper boost in shield and armor
- Badge of Devastation will now generate more ultimate charge when triggered
- It should no longer be possible to stack the effect from Gunslinger’s Mark more than once
- When loading into the game for the first time after a patch the Shields and Armor on a javelin will be incorrect. The first time a player enters and exits Freeplay or any other activity the issue will fix itself.
- Players are not receiving their level 20 Match Consumables. Players were granted item blueprints instead of the recipes when they hit this level previously.
- Some players may experience audio crackling while in Fort Tarsis.
- There may be some instances where players are unable to quit out of a Quickplay mission through the map UI.
- A number challenges may not be tracking properly, such as the objectives under the “Legendary Freelancer” challenge.
- Some players may encounter a bug where they are unable to interact with any objects or players.
- Visual effects on javelin thrusters are not functioning properly while stormy weather is present in game.
- Inactivity messages may not be able to be dismissed after a player returns from being away.
- There are a number of Origin error messages that some PC players may encounter, including Origin showing that it is offline when it actually online.
- The UI may not display events for some players when an event has spawned nearby in Freeplay.
- There is a bug where armor pips can change in between activities. This is both a display and gameplay issue.
- Legendary Missions: Allows you to replay critical path missions again with a much higher difficulty level. One mission will be available per day that has no limit on the number of times it can be completed. These missions offer a new challenge and require team coordination to achieve victory!
- Elysian Caches: Earn Elysian Keys by completing daily challenges. These keys can be used on Elysian Caches, which appear at the end of each Stronghold after the boss is defeated to unlock vanity and crafting materials. Opening an Elysian Cache creates loot for each member of the Expedition. There are 67 unique vanity unlocks available, including vinyls, victory poses, emotes and arrivals. You will never get a duplicate vanity item! This is our first version of the ruleset for Elysian Caches in the game and we'll look forward to your feedback and the data we gather from your play.
- Chests now have a chance to drop additional items and crafting materials in Strongholds, Freeplay and Missions.
- Apex creatures now have a chance to drop additional loot, similar to the change made to chests. (Apex creatures include: Ursix, Titans, Furies and Escari/Luminaries)
- On GM1 difficulty and higher, Stronghold bosses will now drop more loot with a chance at additional masterwork and legendary items.
- Added support for Nvidia Highlights to capture screenshots and game clips automatically:
- Visiting and viewing overlooks
- Defeating certain large creatures.
- Performing multi-kills
- Defeating legendary creatures
- Discovering the Tombs of the Legionnaires
- Performing combos
- When the player is downed by enemies.
- Defeating bosses
- Added Field of View sliders for various cameras in-game:
- Ground FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera during on foot gameplay.
- Zoomed FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera while your weapon is zoomed.
- Flight FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera during flight.
- Swim FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera while underwater.
- Pilot FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera when out of your javelin.
- Reduced the AFK auto-kick timer from 10 minutes to 5 minutes.
Nvidia DLSS Support:
- Support for Deep Learning Super-Sampling is now available on Nvidia RTX-based video cards.
- Improved performance on gameplay effects that were updating or running often to reduce performance strain.
- Example effects include things like:
- Time of Day
- Level Art with Animated Props
BUGS & ISSUES (FIXES)
- The Forge can now be accessed via the main menu while you’re in Ft. Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- There is no longer a loading screen when entering the Forge.
- Fixed an issue where a second pilot could enter the Tombs of the Legionnaires quest before acquiring the quest.
- Fixed an issue where performance could potentially drop in rescue sentinel world events with outlaws.
- Heart of Rage: Fixed party gather that was sending players back to the previous arena.
- Heart of Rage: Fixes to fog walls blocking access to enemies.
- Heart of Rage: Removed fog walls that could prevent the player from progressing.
- Heart of Rage: Fixed issue where late joining players would spawn in lava and in a downed state.
- Temple of the Scar: Fixed issues with fog walls could prevent the player from progressing.
- Tyrant Mine: Door leading underground opens when first player arrives now instead of waiting for all players to arrive.
- Tyrant Mine: Fixed an exploit where you could double loot from the Swarm Tyrant.
- General: Fixed an issue where strongholds were disappearing from the map, so they could not be selected.
- Finding Old Friends: Fixed waypoint markers if player proceeds without collecting the relics.
- Imposter: Removed fog wall where players can get trapped.
- See in the Dark: Fixed performance on Xbox One X when getting close to the echo lock.
- Matthias mission: Fixed pathfinding for Elementals that could get stuck behind a chest.
- Fixed issue with cinematic freezing during the third Dax mission.
- What Freelancers Do: Fixed ammo depots popping into the world.
- Clarified objective text on how players can collect Corium.
- Incursion: fixed a number of voice over issues.
- Fixed a number of loot exploits in Matthias Legendary Contracts.
- Respawn timer no longer resets after a revive attempt by another player is interrupted.
- Fort Tarsis: Fixed an issue where the camera went under the terrain when getting a legendary contract from Matthias.
- Fort Tarsis: Fixed an issue where Commander Vule could appear in two locations at once.
- Fort Tarsis: Reduced the length of time NPCs glance away from player during conversations to stay more focused on the player.
- Low health warning now correctly states "Low Armor"
- Fixed grammatical issue in The Legion of Dawn library entry.
- The First Cypher journal entry has been moved to the Cyphers section.
- Audio: Cancelled audio when the player cancels out of launching an expedition.
- Fixed text for several Masterwork items that caused incorrect % values for ultimate charge, the functionality has not changed :
- Ranger Frag Grenade (Last Argument)
- Interceptor Venom Spray (Viper’s Bite)
- Fixed text in the Forge where statistic bars for gear was showing as “Status” when it should say “Effect”:
- Acid Effect
- Ice Effect
- Fire Effect
- Electric Effect
- Fixed an issue where the Spark beam visual effect would not be present when turning away from the player using it.
- Fixed Masterwork Gear so that they now progress the Uncommon, Rare and Epic challenges of that Gear.
- The Mark of Ruin and Amulet of Winter Storm Masterwork components should now correctly be applying their respective bonuses, have their corrected text and icons, and should be functional.
- Fixed an issue with the Mark of Clarity Storm component showing a 0 sec cooldown, now correctly shows 1 second.
- Fixed text for Interceptor Double-Edged Inscription component to be more clear on effects:
- “Increases all damage dealt by X% of base and reduces damage resistance by X%.”
- Fixed text for several Masterwork items that caused incorrect % values for ultimate charge, the functionality has not changed :
- Badge of Devastation (Masterwork Ranger Component)
- Emblem of Destruction (Masterwork Colossus Component)
- Fixed an issue where the Ablative Shielding (Masterwork Colossus Component) was not correctly granting the additional armor and shields noted in the text. This is updated on the player stats, but may not be resolved for the UI stat bars for the component.
- Fixed statistic bar for weapons in Forge UI where “Magazine Size” was incorrectly labeled “Clip Size”.
- Fixed an error where the Thunderbolt of Yvenia’s lightning damage wasn’t scaling correctly for the Storm javelin.
- Fixed text for Artinia’s Gambit (Masterwork Relentless LMG) to be more informative of effect:
- Upgraded Relentless: Best balanced gun in this class. Detonates a combo explosion on primed targets in the area upon reloading
- Adjusted an error with secondary player damage scaling (combos, status effects, ultimates, melee) where unequipped item slots were not identified correctly for damage scaling.
- Fixed an issue where ultimate charge (20 charge) wasn’t correctly being awarded to players when reviving a downed teammate.
- Fixed an issue where “Weakpoint Hit” triggers were unintentionally counted when hitting enemy shields.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of armor segments displayed on the player HUD was incorrect when compared to their actual armor values. This is only the UI half of the reported “health bug” problem.
- Fixed an issue where players could load into an expedition without having all of their inscription bonuses properly loaded. This would result in various problems (less shields, health, max ammo, etc) on the Javelin. We believe this should resolve the non-UI aspect of the reported “health bug” problem as this should now correctly load javelin health/shields.
- Fixed a problem where a player could be more easily killed through shields and armor when first entering the game for the first time on a new client build.
- Fixed an issue where swapping weapons at the start of the Storm Ultimate would give you a full heal without using the Ultimate charge.
- Fixed an issue where the lightning effect and abilities would leave a shader effect on the Korox creature unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue where defeated creatures would sometimes go back into idle ragdoll positions unintentionally.
- Additional reduction and tuning to health of The Monitor boss fight in the Heart of Rage stronghold
- Corrected several inscriptions where the magazine size was referred to as “clip”. Fixed to say “magazine” or “mag” (e.g. +X% Weap Mag Size”).
- The hip fire inscription bonus will no longer be applied to Sniper Rifles.
- The “Support +X% Luck” inscription has had its text changed to “+X% Luck”.
- The Weapon Reload stat inscription was not correctly applying to player weapons and has been corrected
- Fixed text on Blast Damage inscription so that it no longer includes “Weap” in the text to more clearly convey that it applies to all blast damage not just to weapons.
- The text for Shield Refresh and Shield Delay inscriptions were incorrectly swapped on items and have been corrected. These inscriptions will now reflect the intended effect:
- Shield Delay: Increases the speed at which your shield recharges
- Shield Refresh: Reduces the time between when your shield breaks and when it starts regenerating
- The “+X% Pistol Ammo” inscription has been updated and now specifically references the Heavy Pistol “+X% Hvy Pistol Ammo”.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause the game to crash
- Players can now “Junk” items much faster in their vault.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly interaction points now directly link the player to the Cortex entry
- Fixed a number of issues that would cause players to be unable to interact with objects or players.
- Match consumables now sort by rarity then alphabetically
- Quickplay instances will no longer be allowed to spawn into missions older than 15 minutes.
- Fixed an issue where a small number of players could not craft items and would continue to receive Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops after hitting level 30.
- Doubled the rate at which Masterwork gear with multiple charges regain charges:
- Ranger - Venom Darts (Tactical Onslaught)
- Colossus - Rail Gun (Garred's Hammer)
- Interceptor - Cluster Mine (Bitter Harvest)
- Storm - Ice Storm (Winter’s Wrath)
- Storm - Ball Lightning (Seal of the Open Mind)
- Fixed several exploits related to Masterwork and Legendary drops that were allowing unintended drop-rates when player was downed.
- Added a new audio effect for when a Masterwork / Legendary item drops in-game.
- Colossus Components:
- Ablative Shielding:
- Increased buff to 40% for 10 seconds (was 20% for 5 seconds).
- Grand Entrance:
- Improved ability to reliably trigger on heavy impacts and air melee slams.
- Reinforced Hull:
- Increased buff to 33% (was 20%) and removed cooldown.
- Shock Treatment:
- Was: Hitting enemies with Ordnance Launcher abilities temporarily lowers thruster-heat buildup by 30% for 5 seconds.
- Now: Taking damage increases all damage by 8% for 10 seconds, stacking to 10.
- Stalwart’s Badge:
- Was: On shield break increases all ability damage by 40% for 5 seconds.
- Now: When hit with a status effect, increase all gear damage by 40% for 10 seconds.
- Synchronized Frame:
- Changed to hitting an enemy from defeating an enemy.
- Colossus Gear:
- Fist of the Crucible:
- Was: Victor's Advantage: Defeating an enemy increases Flamethrower damage by 30% for 10s seconds, stacking to 5.
- Now: Striker's Advantage: Hitting an enemy increases Flamethrower damage by 12% for 10 seconds, stacking to 10.
- Best Defense:
- Increased base damage by 25%.
- Black Powder:
- Increased base damage by 25% cooldown reduced to 1 second (was 4 seconds).
- Solvent Green:
- Increased base damage by 40%.
- Titan’s Hail:
- Was: Upgraded Burst Mortar: Special shells burst across wide area. Burst Mortar can now trigger explosive combos.
- Now: Upgraded Burst Mortar: Special shells burst across wide area. Creates a large physical explosion for each enemy hit.
- Interceptor Components:
- Survival Algorithm:
- Increased to 40% for 10 seconds (from 20% for 10 seconds).
- Talisman of Power:
- Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (from 50% for 5 seconds).
- Conductive Lattice:
- Was: Performing a small melee hit-streak (3) detonates an electric explosion.
- Now: Melee hits detonate an electric explosion, can occur once every 2 seconds.
- Vengeance Matrix:
- Was: All damage is increased by 25% for 5 seconds when suit health declines.
- Now: On low armor, damage taken is reduced by 50% for 10 seconds.
- Way of Salvage:
- Increased to 40% for 10 seconds (from 40% for 5 seconds).
- Way of the Swift:
- Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (from 50% for 5 seconds).
- Way of the Bold:
- Increased to 40% armor restored (from 20%).
- Way of Integration:
- Increase to 30% for 10 seconds (from 30% for 5 seconds)
- Interceptor Gear:
- Cariff’s Talon:
- Increased base kick damage by 200%, removed cooldown, increased to 50% armor restored.
- Raneri’s Charge:
- Increased base damage by 25%, removed cooldown.
- Serpent’s Veil:
- Increased base damage by 35%, changed to trigger on melee hit (from on melee kills).
- Shadow Claw:
- Was: Wraith Strike instantly recharges with a small kill-streak (2).
- Now: Launches two wraith projections that seek enemies.
- Absolute Zero:
- Removed requirement of being above target, increased explosions damage.
- Ranger Components
- Tactical Advantage
- Was: Increase engine heat threshold (max stamina) by 35%. Weak point hits lower thruster-heat buildup by 10% for 5 seconds
- Now: Increase engine heat threshold (max stamina) by 50%. Weak point hits lower thruster-heat buildup by 80% for 10 seconds
- Badge of Devastation
- Was: Increases assault launcher by 15%. Performing a large hit-streak (10) will instantly add 1% Ultimate charge.
- Now: Increases assault launcher by 30%.Performing a large hit-streak (10) will instantly add 3% Ultimate charge.
- Victor’s Resolve
- Was: Increases blast damage by 50% and decreases impact damage by 20%. Performing a small multi kill (3) instantly restores 25% armor.
- Now: Increases blast damage by 50% and decreases impact damage by 20%. Performing a small multi hit (2) instantly restores 25% armor
- Second Wind (was Defensive Bulwark)
- Was: Increases all gun damage by 25%. On low health, increases gun damage by 25% for 10 seconds.
- Now: Increases all gun damage by 25%. On low health, increases gun damage by 60% for 10 seconds.
- Elemental Ops
- Was: Increases fire damage and max heat capacity by 20%, and fire resistance by 20%. Increases elemental effects applied to enemies by 20%.
- Now: Increases fire damage and max heat capacity by 50%, and fire resistance by 50%. On a hit streak (5), applies acid to the target.
- Combined Arms
- Was: Increases grenade damage by 5%. Defeating an enemy with assault launcher gear increases grenade gear damage by 60% for 5 seconds.
- Now: Increases grenade damage by 30%. Hitting an enemy with assault launcher gear increases grenade gear damage by 60% for 10 seconds.
- Airborne Advantage
- Was: Increases impact damage by 35% and decreases blast damage by 35%. Hovering increases all resistances by 10%.
- Now: Increases impact damage by 50% and decreases blast damage by 20%. Hovering increases all resistances by 25%.
- Tip of the Spear
- Was: Increases combo damage by 50%. Performing a combo restores 40% armor to nearby allies.
- Now: Increases combo damage by 60%. Performing a combo restores 40% armor to nearby allies.
- General’s Favor
- Was: Increases Assault Launcher recharge by 35%. Defeating an enemy with melee increases grenade damage by 50% for 10 seconds.
- Now: Increases Grenade recharge by 40%. Hitting an enemy with melee increases grenade damage by 45% for 10 seconds.
- Vanguard’s Badge
- Was: Increases melee damage by 30% and electric effects by 30%. Performing a melee kill restores 20% shields.
- Now: Increases melee damage by 40% and electric effects by 40%. Performing a melee hit restores 40% shields.
- Ranger Gear
- Argo’s Mace:
- Increased base damage by 25%
- Avenger’s Boon:
- Increased melee damage by 210% for 20s (was 110% for 20s)
- Cold Blooded:
- Changed to On Hit increase melee damage by 235% for 10s (was 135% for 10s when freezing enemies).
- Ember’s Lance:
- Increased explosion damage.
- Explosive Blaze:
- Changed to On Hit and removed cooldown (was on igniting enemies).
- Grand Opening:
- Was: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Ambusher's Fury: Defeating enemies from above grants 75% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.
Now: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Striker's Fury: Hitting enemies grants 60% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.
- Recurring Vengeance:
- Was: Upgraded Seeking Missile - Combo Effect: Impact. After defeating an enemy, regain 100% charge, can occur once every 7.5 seconds.
- Now: Upgraded Seeking Missile - Combo Effect: Impact. Detonating a combo grants 100% charge.
- The Gambit:
- Increased damaged of ice explosions
- Storm Components
- Amulet of Winter:
- Increased to 30% damage for 20 seconds (was 20% for 20 seconds).
- Mark of Clarity:
- Increased to 40% armor restored with no cooldown (was 20% with 10 second cooldown).
- Mark of Ruin
- Was: Increases fire damage and fire effect. While blast seal recharges, focus seal damage increases by 40% for 20 seconds.
- Now: Increases fire damage and fire effect. After applying a status effect, increases fire damage by 50% for 10 seconds.
- Mark of Wrath:
- Was: Increases gear damage and lowers gear recharge rate. While focus seal recharges, blast seal damage increases by 50% for 5 seconds.
- Now: Increases gear damage and lowers gear recharge rate. Detonating a combo causes large electrical explosions.
- Token of Daring
- Was: Increases elemental damage and decreases physical damage. A shield break increases seal damage by 20% for 20 seconds.
- Now: Increases elemental damage and decreases physical damage. On shield break, instantly recharge all gear.
- Token of the Master:
- Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (was 60% for 5 seconds).
- Token of the Pupil
- Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (was 60% for 5 seconds).
- Tome of Precision
- Was: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Sniper rifle weak point kills increase electric damage by 60% for 5 seconds.
- Now: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Defeating an enemy increases elemental damage by 40% for 10 seconds.
- Vanguard’s Token
- Increased to 40% for 10 seconds (was 10% for 20 seconds).
- Storm Gear
- Hailstorm’s Renewal
- Removed requirement of being above target, increased base damage by 25%.
- Seal of the Open Mind
- Removed requirement of being above target, now permanently has 2 charges.
- Venomous Blaze
- Increased base damage by 50%. Changed from every 3rd hit to every 3rd consecutive hit.
- Winter’s Wrath
- Increased base number of charges and recharge rate.
- Ten Thousand Suns
- Was: Upgraded Burning Orb - Combo Effect: Chain. Striker's Wrath: After hitting an enemy, gain 5% increased damage for 5 seconds stacking to 20.
- Now: Upgraded Burning Orb - Combo Effect: Chain. Striker's Wrath: After hitting an enemy, gain 10% increased damage for 10 seconds stacking to 10.
- Black Ice
- Changed to hitting an enemy freezes nearby creatures (was defeating an enemy). Note: Must sustain the beam on a single creature for the duration of the ability.
- As part of our effort to improve inscription ease of use all inscription values now have the +/- value at the beginning of the state line rather than after any text. For example:
- “Supply +X% Drop Rate” will now read as “+X% Supply Drop Rate”.
- This has been applied to all inscriptions.
***(***NOTE: These unique MW Components only drop in Grandmaster 1, 2 & 3 difficulty levels)
- Ranger Basic Components:
- Crossed Arms Basic Ranger component now increases blast damage by 35% and reduces impact damage by 15% (from 50% and 20%)
- Thermal Regulator Basic Ranger component now increases fire damage and max heat capacity by 25% (was 20%).
- Grenade Augment Basic Ranger component now increases grenade damage by 15% (was 5%).
- Convergence Core Basic Ranger component now reduces blast damage by 15% (was 35%).
- Grenadier Inscription Basic Ranger component now correctly reduces cooldown of Ranger Grenades and text is updated to reflect this.
- Grenadier Inscription Basic Ranger component was reduced from 35% cooldown reduction to 30% cooldown reduction.
- Universal Components:
- The Special Arms Ammo component now only affects heavy pistols and grenade launchers.
- The Machine Pistol Ammo component now also affect autocannons and the name has been changed to Rapid Arms.
- Previously added Universal Components with patch 1.0.3:
- Symbiotic Surge: Increases javelin armor by a large amount. Increases all damage by 50% for 10 seconds when picking up a repair pack.
- Softened Blows: Increases javelin shields by a large amount. Increases damage resistance by 75% for 5 seconds when shields run out.
- Thermal Cooling: Increases the javelin's heat capacity to allow the javelin to fly more effectively. Reduces time you stay overheated significantly.
- Rejuvenating Ammo: Increases reserve ammo for all equipped guns. Replenishes armor by 20% when picking up an ammo pack.
- Emergency Power: An inscribed component that augments javelin Ultimate gear and increases damage. Ultimate meter refills instantly when armor is critically damaged. Can occur once every 120 seconds.
- Added Brand New Universal Masterwork Components with patch 1.0.4:
- Bloodlust: An inscribed component that increases melee weapon damage. Increases melee damage by 75% for 10 seconds when killing an enemy by using melee.
- Acid Slugs: Adds specialized storage for enhanced shotgun ammunition and increases damage. Hitting (7) shotgun shots in a single burst applies acid on the target.
- Giant Slayer: Adds specialized storage for enhanced marksman rifle ammunition and increases damage. Increases weak point damage by 50% after a consecutive Marksman Rifle hit streak (5).
- Focused Freeze: Adds specialized storage for enhanced Light Machine Gun ammunition and increases damage. On a consecutive LMG hit-streak (10), shots freeze the target.
- Feedback Loop: Adds specialized storage for enhanced assault rifle ammunition and increases damage. Increases damage resistance by 50% for 10 seconds when firing the last shot in an assault rifle magazine.
- Updated Interceptor Wraith Strike gear text to match new functionality: “Interceptor projects a ghost of itself that can warp up to X targets. Active Auras apply to all targets struck.”
- Reduced the weapon reload times by speeding up the reload animations for the Colossus Heavy Weapons (Autocannons and Grenade Launchers).
- Interceptor Melee can now execute multiple melee attacks with a single held input.
- Interceptor can now detonate combos even if they have an aura currently active. This allows the Interceptor to detonate the combo to do extra combo damage without having to wait for the aura to expire. In addition, detonating a combo will refresh the duration of the currently active aura (regardless of the primer that is detonated on the creature). For example, if you have an Ice Aura active and you detonate a creature primed with Acid it will refresh the duration of your Ice Aura.
- Increased the max stamina (thruster) meter for all Javelins by 20%.
- Reduced the base overheat duration for all Javelins by 20%.
- Fire Status effect on players no longer instantly overheats the Javelin but instead starts to quickly build up until overheating.
- Added new audio for thrusters failing to ignite when frozen by an enemy creature .
- Improved audio notification for when Javelin ultimate ability is ready.
- Added the ability to enter hover underwater.
- The Sunken Cell stronghold is now available to all players who have completed the main story (critical path).
- Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!
GAMEPLAY BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS
- Added additional cortex entries to explain combo, detonator, and primer abilities.
- Added new Universal Masterwork Components
- Extended Sniper Magazine: Adds specialized storage for enhanced sniper rifle ammunition. Increases damage by 30% of base damage. Increases maximum magazine size of sniper rifles by a large amount.
- Rapid Hollow Points: Adds specialized ammo storage for machine pistols and autocannons. Increases damage by 30%. Increases weak point damage of machine pistols and autocannons.
- Extended Special Arms Magazine: Adds specialized ammo storage for heavy pistols and grenade launchers. Increases damage by 30%. Increases maximum magazine size of heavy pistols and grenade launchers by a large amount.
- Added primer/detonator icons in the cortex next to gear entries.
- Fixed a bug where “Legendary Freelancer” Javelin challenge objectives weren’t completing correctly in the challenge journal.
- Resolved an issue where players were being kicked back to Fort Tarsis when loading into quickplay missions.
- Fixed a problem where the “Arcanist Loyalty 3" trophy could not granted on Playstation 4.
- Fixed an issue where notifications for challenges were not appearing correctly.
- Resolved an issue where after respawning, you could be downed again prior to re-loading back in fully.
- Added STT (Speech-to-Text) and TTS (Text-to-Speech) on all platforms.
- Retaliation of Garretus - Trajector Machine Pistol
- Increased bonus from 200% to 400%
- Rolling Carnage - Vengeance Shotgun
- Increased bonus from 50% stacking 3 times, to 83.33% stacking 3 times.
- The Last Stand - Mauler Autocannon
- Increased bonus from 200% to 225%
- Fist of Stral - Cloudburst Autocannon
- Increased bonus from 10% stacking 10 times, to 16% stacking 10 times.
- Unending Battle - Fulcrum Machine Pistol
- Increased bonus from 110% to 135%
- Death From Above - Guardian Marksman Rifle
- Increased bonus from 65% to 235%
- Wyvern Blitz - Deadeye Sniper Rifle
- Increased bonus from 40% to 185%
- Final Judgment - HE Mortar
- Increased bonus from 35% to 55%
- Fist of the Crucible - Flamethrower
- Increased bonus from 12% *10 to 24% *10
- Serpent’s Veil - Venom Bomb
- Increased bonus from 100% to 202.5%
- Ruthless Stalker - Searching Glaive
- Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
- Bitter Harvest - Cluster Mine
- Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
- Cold Blooded - Frost Grenade
- Increased bonus from 235% to 270%
- Avenger’s Boon - Pulse Blast
- Increased bonus from 210 % to 220%
- Ponder Infinity - Lightning Strike
- Increased bonus from 60% to 165%
- Chaotic Rime - Frost Shards
- Increased bonus from 125% to 250%
Status Effects / Combos
- Friendly player projectiles should now be able to pass through Javelins in your squad.
- Colossus’ Firewall Mortar should now more reliably spawn the Firewall effect when directly hitting enemies, sloped surfaces, or next to walls.
- Delay between when players and creatures are frozen and when the visual effect is applied has been reduced to improve readability of the status effect.
- If a player applies a status effect that already exists on a target, but the new status effect has a higher damage than the existing one, the damage will now scale to that higher value.
- Players who prime targets for combos will now also see the “Combo” text when detonated by another player.
- Increased the damage of the Electric status effect when applied to creatures.
- Fixed additional issues where the Titan fireball projectile attack was hitting players when they successfully dodged/evaded.
- Fixed an issue where the Titan would not always use all of its available attacks.
- Adjusted environmental lightning strikes to not target javelins directly as frequently.
- Fixed an issue where the predicted gear score was inaccurate if you were selecting to equip a higher tier component than was currently equipped.
- Fixed a bug where the Colossus shield wouldn’t appear when deployed to other players in the squad.
- Resolved several issues where status effects remained on the player far longer than the actual effect (e.g. the Frozen status effect appearing on the javelin after the effect has ended).
- Fixed a bug where the Storm’s shield did not get the intended 20% damage resistance increase while hovering.
- Fixed a bug where the Interceptor Ultimate attack would not chain when holding the fire button instead of holding the melee button.
- Bulwark Point now properly gets duration increases from utility duration bonus inscriptions.
- Fixed a bug where Interceptor melee gear was not going on cooldown when used in air.
- Fixed an issue where explosive projectiles were not affecting destructible combat objects (e.g. scar bunkers).
- Fixed a problem where the Storm’s Seal of the Open Mind Masterwork would incorrectly allow a player to fire 3 charges when the UI only showed 2 available.
- Fixed a bug where gear recharge progress could be lost if you used a charge while additional charges were being restored.
Status Effects / Combos
- Fixed an error where the Masterwork Colossus Stock Augment had a lower base % increase than its non-Masterwork counterparts. (Increased from 5% to 35%).
- Fixed the Ranger Grenadier Component text to properly display the stat value %.
- Fixed a problem with the Special Arms Ammo component not properly increasing grenade launcher damage.
- Fixed some instances where multiple players contributing to a single status effect would see incorrect floating values
- Fixed an issue where you could receive a status effect from a creature attack while invulnerable.
- Fixed a problem where the Legion of Dawn rifle disappears from the forge while in the Launch Bay
- Fixed a bug where ammo pick-ups weren’t restoring any ammo in the current magazine for the Devastator Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed the Striker’s Balance weapon so that the weapon accuracy and projectile trajectory should be corrected when the bonus is applied.
- Corrected Torrent Autocannon description text to match current functionality.
- Fixed a bug where Avenging Herald was incorrectly applying its bonus damage to secondary weapons while holstered. This bonus is now only active when Avenging Herald is the active weapon.
- All Devastator Sniper Rifle weakpoint hit multipliers have been corrected to a 1.75 multiplier.
- Updated “Critical Damage” to “Weakpoint Damage” in any text descriptions.
- Updated “Impact Dmg” to “Kinetic Dmg” in any text descriptions.
- Updated “Impact Resist” to “Kinetic Resist” in any text descriptions.
- Corrected formatting on the inscription values for Overheat Delay Recovery, Thruster Delay Recovery, and Weap Reload Speed so they no longer have multiple +/- values.
- Removed text from the Masterwork Flamethrower which indicated that it was a detonator when it is not.
- Removed the duplicate second pistol from Argentum Tran's Sidearm case after completing the Freelancer Reputation Rewards - Level 3.
- Elysian Key marker over daily challenges no longer disappears on returning to Fort Tarsis.
- Fixed an issue where Yarrow’s final conversation could play too early in some scenarios.
- Removed Dax from the background of a conversation where you are told she went out to get some tea.
- Fixed an issue where Commander Vule left the frame during a conversation with Brin and the player.
- Fixed an issue where Jarek Arnel’s arm clipped badly into the wall.
- Resolved an issue where you were told that your squad was waiting on you to ready up, when it wasn’t true.
- Resolved an issue where Faye wasn’t shown in a cinematic scene that she is speaking in with Haluk.
- Fixed various spelling and grammatical errors in the journal and library entries.
- Fixed an issue where targeted creatures in freeplay would lose their target icon if you flew too far away from the arena and returned.
- Fixed an issue where sentinels disappeared from the Sentinel Support World Event, making it impossible to complete the event.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t progress in the Tombs of the Legionnaires quest if one member of your squad had not unlocked that quest yet.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t interact with and enter the Tomb of Artinia when you had completed the requirements to unlock it.
- Picking up some collectible archives were limited to the player that interacted with them. Now all players within 100m of the player collecting the archive will automatically collect the archive as well.
- Fixed an issue where turrets could spawn too far away from the world event location.
- Fixed an issue where being downed in the Arcanist Korox Study world event would not reset properly when you came back.
Critical Path and Legendary Missions
- Downed players are now automatically revived when the stronghold boss is defeated.
- Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the fog wall visual effect remained, even though it didn’t actually prevent the player from progressing.
- Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the player could escape the world near the waterfall.
- Tyrant Mine: Prevented turrets from spawning in the second area before players were led there and the rest of the enemies had spawned in to fix an exploit.
- Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where enemies could be trapped behind a fog wall, preventing the player from progressing.
- Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where killing the titan without entering the arena would cause you to respawn backwards, making it impossible to advance and complete the mission.
- Legendary Incursion: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t advance after listening to the recording.
- Legendary Missions: Fixed an issue where the final chest would never appear at the end of the mission if you were too far away from the chest.
- Legendary Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue for the second trial where the plot would break if one player was slow to load in and the other player ran ahead.
- Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t progress until all members of the squad had reached the specified point.
- Legendary Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where enemies could be stuck behind a fog wall, preventing the plot from progressing.
- Fixed an issue where the notification of Legendary Missions being unlocked after completing the critical path was not displaying.
- Legendary Lost Arcanist: Fixed an issue where the Escari was teleporting around too frequently.
- Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed a respawn point that was very far away from the objective.
- Contract - Freelancer Work: Fixed an issue where the step to protect the Arcanists wasn’t working correctly when joining through Quick Play.