DCP Watchdog Violation issue while gaming

kaywest

I am getting consistent blue screens on certain games and the error codes I am getting on the blue screens keep changing the last one was

DCP Watchdog violation

but I've also had Page Fault in the non page area and Unexpected Kernnel Mode Trap.

This seems to be happening mostly in Call of Duty MW 3 and Assetto Corsa Competizione.

I did recently put a new Kingston SSD in this system and a couple days ago I reset Windows 10. I did not have this issue with my last SSD.

The DCP Watchdog Violation, Page Fault in non-paged area, and Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap are all common error codes that indicate issues with your system's drivers or hardware. It's not uncommon to experience these errors after installing a new SSD or performing a Windows 10 reset, as these actions can sometimes lead to conflicts or issues with the operating system.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Update your drivers: Make sure that all your drivers, especially those related to your graphics card and SSD, are up to date. You can manually download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website or use a driver update tool to simplify the process.

2. Check for hardware issues: Run a hardware diagnostic test to check the health of your RAM, SSD, and other components. This will help determine if any faulty hardware is causing the issue.

3. Verify system requirements: Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements of the games you're experiencing issues with. If your hardware falls below the required specifications, you may encounter crashes or performance issues.

4. Disable overclocking: If you have overclocked your CPU or GPU, try disabling the overclock and test your games again. Overclocking can cause instability and crashes, especially if not done properly.

5. Clean boot: Perform a clean boot to start Windows with only essential services and processes. This can help identify if any third-party software or services are causing conflicts with your games.

6. Check for overheating: Monitor your system's temperatures during gameplay to ensure that it's not overheating. Overheating can lead to crashes, so make sure your cooling system is working properly and that your components are not covered in dust.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it may be helpful to gather more information about the specific error codes by searching them online or posting the details on a relevant technical support forum. This will provide more insight into the possible causes and solutions for your particular situation.

DCP Watchdog violation will be the Ram chip is faulty, the drivers are not correct/ out of date or the system is overclocked too high

given you replace a SSD and did a Windows update i think drivers is more likely than actual bad hardware but in any case a Ram stress test should be the next step

Back
Top Bottom