Windows 10 Assist on BSOD stop code "System License Violation" Windows 10

xchiazyx

Hi All Expert,

I have a user using dell windows 10 64 bits is getting it getting "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. BSOD Stop Code "System License Violation", this happen when she is using browser and outlook, yesterday was fine and no windows update this two days, also with anti-virus protected.

Below are method I have tried and also fail to boot into Windows, it getting "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.

- Unable to enter safe mode.
- System restore failure.
- Windows repair using usb windows 10 boot
- Start up repair
- I did a diagnostic test on F12 there and no hardware were failure.

Appreciate if any expert has this experience can assist us on.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Please provide Hardware specs; such as MAKE/MODEL of computer, desktop PC or laptop.

Next, take a look at this link for instructions on how to Post your BSOD dump information for our Dump Analysts to look at here: How to ask for help with a BSOD Problem

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi All Expert,

I have a user using dell windows 10 64 bits is getting it getting "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. BSOD Stop Code "System License Violation", this happen when she is using browser and outlook, yesterday was fine and no windows update this two days, also with anti-virus protected.

Below are method I have tried and also fail to boot into Windows, it getting "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.

- Start up repair

Thanks!
Hi xchiazyx,

I see you cannot access windows which in turn means you cannot access dump files either. This issue usually relates to:
Bug Check 0x9A: SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION: This bug check indicates that the software license agreement has been violated. It's possible that a registry file has been misplaced.

Have you tried 'Resetting' the system whilst keeping your user files?
How to Reset your Windows 10 Operating System

If your machine has little on it by way of data which you don't mind losing then you could set the bios to boot from ( I'm assuming) the Windows 10 USB that you have and install a fresh copy of Windows.

Hi All Expert,

- Start up repair

Thanks!

It's too hard to diagnose without further details. Typically, BSODs happen because of hardware failure, driver issues or corrupted system files.

According to what you mentioned, it seems that you don't change anything on your Windows PC, so there would be no issue with hardware, unless some components are dead.

You said you are unable to boot into Safe Mode, which method you have used? Getting BSOD error or can't boot into this mode? In case you can't, here are a few ways you might try to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10.

How To Boot Your Computer Into Safe Mode In Windows 10

System Restore failure: You are still able to access regular mode and log into your PC normally? Or using it from Windows 10 Boot Disc/USB?

It's better if you can plug your hard drive into another computer and analyze it with BlueScreenView utility to find out the cause.

Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

It's too hard to diagnose without further details. Typically, BSODs happen because of hardware failure, driver issues or corrupted system files.
As posted his dump files would be great to see but the user cannot access them.

As posted his dump files would be great to see but the user cannot access them.

That is why I would suggest unplugging HDD/SSD, and then connect to another Windows PC and use BlueScreenView to scan and view minidump file. BlueScreenView allows users to browse specific locations to scan for minidump files.

I prefer the debugger myself and usually the dump files are only found in one place, if he only had access. I think all this moot however as i feel the user has found help elsewhere.

Back