Antivirus issues

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit, I want to use the free Kaspersky AV that Microsoft links to but both times I installed it the internet was no longer available. When I uninstall Kaspersky I can reach the internet again.

This is an ASRock mb with a ULi onboard LAN port. Is anyone using Kaspersky with the 64 bit version?

AVAST on W 7

I have successfully installed AVAST (latest ver.) on my W7 and it works in the same way as in Win XP and Win Vista for me . No problems so far.

Well I am a definite fan of Avast, unfortunately from what I have found, Windows 7 in COMBINATION with Samba shares (on Debian-Linux) for me result in BSOD with 'txd.sys', the BSOD's occur anywhere from 1-15mins.

Its my understanding that it is not the virus scanner but the network card drivers, at least that is what some others have found. Unfortunately as I am using the network card from the MB (Gigabyte - P45-3UD3L) which is a Realtek 8111? I cannot find a suitable replacement driver.

I will have to give a couple of the other above mentioned anti-virus software a go to see if they will work.

Note - I have Avast on my GF's pc with Win7 and no problems, however it is at a completely different location (along with hardware) so does not have access to my Samba shares.

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit, I want to use the free Kaspersky AV that Microsoft links to but both times I installed it the internet was no longer available. When I uninstall Kaspersky I can reach the internet again.

This is an ASRock mb with a ULi onboard LAN port. Is anyone using Kaspersky with the 64 bit version?
Yes i am running Internet Security 2009

Hot Fix

I am installing it now....will report back.

Lause

For the testing time of the Win 7 you could use Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 beta, trial runs 90 days, that should be enough, until new versions (RC) ar released. Download link in another Antivir-thread in the forum. It's actually a complete security suite, so no worries about malware. Had some problems with it earlier, but seems to run ok now. Kaspersky Internet Security 8 (2009) ran fine on my previous Win 7 installation, but trial is limited to a month. You might be able to find trial-resetters, that work, would be ok for testing a Windows beta, but later on...
Since I did a clean install of Build 7022 with Kaspersky 2009, I've got some problems downloading with IE8, but for now I can't determine wether it's a IE problem or Kaspersky. The download progress windows come up, but then nothing further happens. can't move, resize or minimize them. And download doesn't start. Any ideas?

YAH!!!

Have been running now with Avast anti-virus installed for 1hr and no BSOD

Woot, looks like MS have the problem solved.

YAH!!!

Have been running now with Avast anti-virus installed for 1hr and no BSOD

Woot, looks like MS have the problem solved.

Same here, the hotfix seemed to work.....

hey
I just downloaded Panda Anti Virus as it is one of the recommended from microsoft.
Any review on that one
I hate how Kaspersky only gave me a 3 month key
so I now had to change

any help on Panda would be great

thanks

Kaspersky

Kaspersky is a good AV but if you ever want to replace it , you will have to format and do a clean install :confused:. If you remove it you loose your internet compleetley, :mad: it will shout down your nick cards!!! Pice of sxxx. As for me I am going to waite till Windows 7 goes to the market and put it on a SSD drive and will be using another AV :D.

Thomas :cool:

I use KIS 2009 not the beta version and it works perfectly!

AVG sucks butt use Avast it's much better and is free for home use just go to their website fill in the form and they email you a number all for free

Anti-virus for windows 7

kaspersky has released an official KAspersky antivirus 8.0 for windows 7 u can try it ! bUt i use avast 4.8 and it works fine withwin7 ultimate 32bit:razz:

Spend your money on getting AVG internet security. Semmlessly works with windows 7. Finds most viruses. Stops bad websites and finds rootkits. Only problem I have atm is I cant remove a rootkit file it found.

AVG sucks butt use Avast it's much better and is free for home use just go to their website fill in the form and they email you a number all for free
I disagree. I have used avast and it has found nothing. To find viruses and the likes you will need a combination of programs. AVG, Nortons, NOD32 or Trend Micro, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Superanti Spyware and Regedit knowledge. I try not to use Nortons as I tends to leach and hog system resources and once its on your system you need to be genius to remove it.

^^m8 have u tried the 2009 version of Norton??? Its light on resources and gud in detection. I worked for Symantec and take my words. This is the best version released by Norton ever.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.