Windows 7 Any way to stop the "Scan & Fix" dialog?

FooSchnickens

Every time I plug in my thumb drive or iPod it pops up this dialog saying that there are errors on the drive and it should be scanned and fixed. Well, the first couple times I humored it but now I simply ignore it because it pops up every single time I put in some external storage device.

Is there any way to disable this?

I tried searching for this issue but couldn't come up with anything, so if there is a thread feel free to point me that way and I'll wear my dunce hat. :razz:

No, this is a normal function of yanking the drive without using the USB Safe Removal Tool in the systray
If you do use that to disconnect your USB devices, that prompt should stop, unless there is an actual problem.

I generally ignore it myself.
However, I do run it occasionally, because of the way I disconnect my devices.
I have never had a problem though. This doesn't mean it is the right way, or that I will never have a problem
I just haven't had one yet.

The proper way to avoid any potential problem is to use the USB Safe Removal Tool in the Systray.

Last edited:
I never unplug mine and I get that at boot up sometimes....I just ignore it.

No, this is a normal function of yanking the drive without using the USB Safe Removal Tool in the systray
If you do use that to disconnect your USB devices, that prompt should stop, unless there is an actual problem.

I generally ignore it myself.
However, I do run it occasionally, because of the way I disconnect my devices.
I have never had a problem though. This doesn't mean it is the right way, or that I will never have a problem
I just haven't had one yet.

The proper way to avoid any potential problem is to use the USB Safe Removal Tool in the Systray.

I've always used the "safely remove hardware" method whenever I'm unplugging anything. The "scan and fix" dialog still comes up in spite of this.

Back
Top Bottom