Windows 10 Anyone else using Grammarly?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I've been using an app called Grammarly for a few weeks, it's pretty helpful.
It's a grammar and spelling checker that is a little more active than the native one in Chrome.

Has an interface that pops up and underlines things as you type.

It's already popped up several times as I type this.

Write your best with Grammarly.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the spell checker in Chrome, I was amazed at how many words that it didn't' know, and it seems to think that any word starting with "un" doesn't exist.

I'm just using the free version I don't want to pay a monthly fee, I'm too cheap for that.

Mike

Solution
Hi Again...

I downloaded the standalone version but there's a problem with that too, while its not that big a hassle you can not add a shortcut to it to the Taskbar.

I did put a shortcut on the desktop, but I have to minimize my browser window to open it, it would be nice to just be able to click on it on the task bar while working in you browser

The easiest way to use it seems to just open it on a tab in your browser, don't even add it as an extension and just use it that way.

It does do a good job once you figure out how to use it!
I've been using it for years. The paid version is outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I used it for a few days. And then I started getting paranoid about it data scraping everything I was using it for so I uninstalled it. But it was a good extension while I used it. It just rattled my tinfoil hat if you know what I mean lol.

That works great, I'll put it on my wife's computer too.

Cool glad it works for you. Yeah my wife uses it too for work related things.

Hi

I have a question about the extension...
I've been using it by just copying the text into the app Window after opening it from the links bar.

But when I use it as an extension in Chrome and I click on the little icon it opens and checks the copy in a window in the upper right corner, but I don't see how I'm supposed to interact with it?

I can manually make the changes that it suggests but there seems to be no way to just click on it and have it make the changes in the copy?

It's easier to just copy and paste the text into the window and then reverse the process with the corrected copy.

Link Removed

Here is the above message with some mistakes in it and the app window.
I don't see anyway to interact with it to make the corrections in the copy?

Even copying the corrections would be a pain because it puts them all in bold.

Right or Left clicking on it doesn't give me any options and if I start to make the changes manually the window disappears as soon as I click on the copy in the original window.

This forces you to open the window over and over?

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Again...

I downloaded the standalone version but there's a problem with that too, while its not that big a hassle you can not add a shortcut to it to the Taskbar.

I did put a shortcut on the desktop, but I have to minimize my browser window to open it, it would be nice to just be able to click on it on the task bar while working in you browser

The easiest way to use it seems to just open it on a tab in your browser, don't even add it as an extension and just use it that way.

It does do a good job once you figure out how to use it!

Solution
Hm, yeah I just have it saved as a bookmark and paste what I need checked.

I get tempted to install these type of extensions but my tin hat self kicks in and stops me :noway::ohno::ahaha:

Back