Windows 7 Archiving Presonal Data Files

doni49

Hi all! I have an ultra book with 128GB. I also have a 1TB NAS drive on my network. I want to go through and archive old personal data files and move the archives to the NAS drive. I don't want to totally get rid of it.

I know I can just move over want I don't want to keep on my computer. But I'm hoping I can find some method of managing the archives now and in the future.

What do y'all use?

TIA!

What do you mean by "managing the archives"? Can't you transfer them with windows explorer?

What do you mean by "managing the archives"? Can't you transfer them with windows explorer?

Yes, I could use Explorer. But I have 2 issues with that.

1) Let's say that I've got a folder or a file that is 5-6 folders deep. I don't want to have to stop and recreate the folder structure to match.

2) Let's say that I'm going to archive a bunch now. Then 6-12I months down the road, I want to archive more data. When it comes time to restore from an archive, how am I going to control which archive it came from?

All of this is involved in "managing" an archive. If I can't go back later and find/restore my stuffs, what good is archiving it?

Back
Top Bottom