Windows 7 Associating Cardfile Data Files with cardfile.exe Executable

NuToSeven

Copied 32-bit version of cardfile.exe to my W7 PC and voila, it runs like a champ. Problem is I can't associate my Cardfile data files with the executable using the "Open With" function. Here are the details:

1. Copied 32-bit executable into a directory named "Cardfile" within "Program Files (x86)".
2. Copied my Cardfile data files to My Documents and renamed *.crd to *.car due to avoid Windows CardSpace association.
3. Right clicked on one of my *.car files and selected Open With.
4. Navigated to my cardfile.exe executable, clicked Open, but Windows won't accept association and keeps trying to open with Acrobat, first "registered" app on the apps list.

I think this is happening because cardfile.exe was not actually installed and therefore not registered. This was never a problem in XP, but MS always seems to they have to increasingly protect us from ourselves and now it's an issue.

Anyone know how I can register cardfile.exe with the OS so I can associate my Cardfile files with the executable and open them directly?

Thanks, Karl

Have you try to download cardfile.exe and copy to the corresponding directoryLink Removed - Invalid URL
You can google for the cardfile.exe Link Removed - Invalid URL

As I said in my post, I copied the executable to the PC and it runs fine. I just can't associate cardfile data files to the executable.

Copied 32-bit version of cardfile.exe to my W7 PC and voila, it runs like a champ. Problem is I can't associate my Cardfile data files with the executable using the "Open With" function. Here are the details:

1. Copied 32-bit executable into a directory named "Cardfile" within "Program Files (x86)".
2. Copied my Cardfile data files to My Documents and renamed *.crd to *.car due to avoid Windows CardSpace association.
3. Right clicked on one of my *.car files and selected Open With.
4. Navigated to my cardfile.exe executable, clicked Open, but Windows won't accept association and keeps trying to open with Acrobat, first "registered" app on the apps list.

I think this is happening because cardfile.exe was not actually installed and therefore not registered. This was never a problem in XP, but MS always seems to they have to increasingly protect us from ourselves and now it's an issue.

Anyone know how I can register cardfile.exe with the OS so I can associate my Cardfile files with the executable and open them directly?

Thanks, Karl

I hate to say this, BUT google should be your best friend..LOL.. I found a solutions for Vista 64 bit that should work for you. Here is the link:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Make sure you read ALL the posts, as in one there is a typeo that is fixed with the very last post.

Back