Smerling

When I live steam video in Windows 8/Chrome, using Adobe Flash, the audio portion is silenced each time I receive an audio prompt from my system. When I say "audio prompt" I mean a beep that I believe provides some sort of notification. The video continues, but all sound disappears for a few minutes when it then reappears. I have a dual boot system. The problem only exists in Windows 8. In Windows 7 I do not have this problem. My Chrome is fully updated, which means, I believe, that my Adobe Flash is also current. I disabled (or at least attempted to disable) audio alerts in Windows 8 and in Outlook 2007 and GMail (my email clients), but the audio alerts persist as do the disruptions of Java Live streaming audio. Any ideas or suggestions for fixing this problem - either by disabling all audio prompts or solving the problem of sound disruption in Java Live Streaming.

To address the issue you are facing with audio interruptions while live streaming video in Windows 8/Chrome using Adobe Flash, especially when you receive audio prompts or notifications, you can try the following solutions:

Disabling Audio Alerts in Windows 8:​

1. Notifications & Sounds:
    • Go to Control Panel > Sound.
    • Click the Sounds tab.
    • Under "Sound Scheme," choose "No Sounds" or customize individual sound events to have "None" selected.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    []System Sounds:
    • Search for "Change system sounds" in the Start menu search bar.
    • For each sound event listed, select it and choose "(None)" from the Sounds dropdown.
    • Apply the changes.

Fixing Sound Disruptions in Java Live Streaming:​

[
    ]Update Audio Drivers:
    • Ensure your audio drivers are up to date. Go to the device manager, right-click on the audio device, and select "Update driver."
    []Flash Player Settings:
    • Access Flash Player settings by right-clicking on a Flash video.
    • Check the audio settings to ensure nothing is set to mute or lower volume.
    [
    ]Chrome Settings:
    • Go to Chrome settings and ensure the Flash plugin is allowed to play audio without interruption.
    • Check for any Chrome extensions that might be interfering with audio playback.
  2. Hardware Acceleration:
    • Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome. Go to Chrome settings, scroll down to Advanced, and toggle off "Use hardware acceleration when available" under the System section.

Additional Tips:​

• Update Chrome and ensure Flash is enabled.
      • Clear Chrome cache and cookies.
      • Try using different browsers to see if the issue persists.
      • Monitor Task Manager for any processes causing high CPU usage that might impact audio playback.

Further Troubleshooting:​

If the issue persists, consider checking for Windows 8 updates, running antivirus scans, and testing audio playback in different scenarios to isolate the problem. You may also consult Windows support forums for specific guidance related to Windows 8 audio issues during streaming.

Back