Windows 7 Auto switch of a 'Razor" mouse when it sees the desktop.

interestedparty

I have a Razor mouse ( the Lachesis) which has the ability to store profiles -of polling rates and DPI- and switch these profiles as it sees the desired program. I use two profiles. One is for the "Steam.exe" for my on-line gaming. When I launch Steam, the mouse sees the exe, and switches to this max polling/DPI profile. The other profile is the "Normal" profile which is set at a much slower, less twitchy speed. On XP, I was able to find the Windows "Explorer.exe" in C\Windows\System32. I set this as my switching exe.and it caused the mouse to switch to the "Normal" profile when it saw the desktop. I can't find the "Explorer.exe" in System32 in Windows 7. Is there no such thing in Windows 7 (Enterprise) or is there another exe. I can use for the same purpose of switching, on seeing the desktop?

Hi,
great mouse! I'm a huge fan of Razor mice and own several myself... The explorer folder or exe your after can be found in the Windows folder near the bottom. (I presume that it's this folder you meant?)

Hi Kemical,

Thanks for the reply. I just can't find it in the Windows folder. Is it called Explorer.exe or something else? Can you leave me a breadcrumb trail...C>Windows>System32>folder with the exe?

Hmm... I'm starting to wonder if we are talking about the same thing (apologies if this isn't so). I took a screenshot of the only explorer.exe I know of in 7 and it's properties..

Please let me know if this isn't what you actually meant.. :)

That is the same one I found in C/windows/system32 and WOW64. I didn't see it in C/windows until I switched to "list view". I believe it was because I was looking for a folder labeled "Explorer" not a library shaped icon with "explorer" under it. I changed the "Steam" auto switch to this exe. and it works the same as the "Explorer.exe" I previously tagged in "Systems32".
Again, thanks for your input. I would say my problem is solved.

I just reviewed the thread and I see that a reply that I posted a few minutes before your last reply didn't get posted. In that reply I said I found "Explorer" in system32 and in sysWOW64. I had switched the Mouse auto switch profile to the exe. in system32 and it worked. Now, I can only find the exe. in C/windows and in sysWOW64, and not in systems32. I must have found it in C\windows and not system32. In any case your reply made the difference. Thanks.

Hmm... I'm starting to wonder if we are talking about the same thing (apologies if this isn't so). I took a screenshot of the only explorer.exe I know of in 7 and it's properties..

Please let me know if this isn't what you actually meant.. :)

That post solves my problem, but I am unable to see the screenshot. How can I have a look?

Back
Top Bottom