Windows 10 Automatically Lagging

Nimit

Honorable Member
Hello,

I usually use laptop much for my YouTube and my PC for Gaming, my PC was off for one week or about two and when i turn on it will lag really fast it usually gives speed more than maximum and now giving lack.

Hi Nimit
It is common that your PC getting slower and slower with daily use because it will generate system garbage or useless registry. How about uninstalling the unnecessary programs and deleting useless files. Press Windows key + R, type cleanmgr in the run box to open disk clean window. Or, you can use some PC clean software doing this for you.
The most important thing is to backup files that you care most in case your delete them by mistake. I used Aomei Backupper for months, it is free for W 7/10. Maybe you can have a try.
Still, if all the effort you made cannot solve the slow issue, then it is time to do a clean install of your system. Or, migrate OS to SSD if you got one.
Best.

Hi ! Nimit! I'm sure you are aware of all these things. There are many things that cause our PC's to slow down.
These are just a few and I'm sure you are aware of these. I'm sure other members will have replies latter!;)
10 Quick Ways to Speed Up a Slow Windows PC
PS Nice videos!
I did all steps expect the scan one i did it using my Kaspersky Anti-Virus and removed 6 threats, i did Disk Cleanup, Deleted Temp and %Temp% files and did a disk defragment too though it made my PC a bit smoother but still not giving speed more than maximum. I noticed that Kaspersky Anti-Virus is using the most CPU 99% and 70% of memory.

Hi Nimit
It is common that your PC getting slower and slower with daily use because it will generate system garbage or useless registry. How about uninstalling the unnecessary programs and deleting useless files. Press Windows key + R, type cleanmgr in the run box to open disk clean window. Or, you can use some PC clean software doing this for you.
The most important thing is to backup files that you care most in case your delete them by mistake. I used Aomei Backupper for months, it is free for W 7/10. Maybe you can have a try.
Still, if all the effort you made cannot solve the slow issue, then it is time to do a clean install of your system. Or, migrate OS to SSD if you got one.
Best.
I did the disk clean up and my PC is just 2 years old.

Here is my PC Specifications:
Brand: Lenovo
Maximum Display Resolution: 1600x904 LED HD SCREEN
Processor Type: Celeron J1800
Processor Speed: 2.41 GHz
RAM Size: 2 GB
Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Coprocessor: Integrated

Model name: Lenovo AIO 260.

You are sure that your Pc is not behind with updates? (They are the main cause that a computer is slow after being switched on after a week or so)
And look in the taskmanager if there is a process that monopolizes the resources.

I noticed that Kaspersky Anti-Virus is using the most CPU 99% and 70% of memory.
That doesn't seem right to me. You might try uninstalling Kaspersky and enable window defender. You could always reinstall Kaspersky.
My thinking is that Window Defender AV is more suited for W10, IMHO!
I have read a lot on the internet about Kaspersky being a resourse hog. You could Google and see what others are saying about Kaspersky.;)

Last edited:
You are sure that your Pc is not behind with updates? (They are the main cause that a computer is slow after being switched on after a week or so)
And look in the taskmanager if there is a process that monopolizes the resources.
I don't know how to check the monopolizes process.

That doesn't seem right to me. You might try uninstalling Kaspersky and enable window defender. You could always reinstall Kaspersky.
My thinking is that Window Defender AV is more suited for W10, IMHO!
I have read a lot on the internet about Kaspersky being a resourse hog. You could Google and see what others are saying about Kaspersky.;)
But my money will get wasted if i uninstall it, and the days will go useless.

......I don't know how to check the monopolizes process...
- Go to the taskmanager (press Ctrl - Alt and Del-key together and select Taskmanager)
- In the bottom of the window of the taskmanager there is an option 'More details' / 'Less details', press it to see more details, but the option reads than 'Less details'.
In that window are tabs called 'Processes' and 'Performance' and some more
- Look under the tab 'Performance' if one of the items is close to 100%, than look in the tab 'Processes' with process is taking all these resources. When your computer is not doing one of your jobs, you expect all loads close to 0%

- Go to the taskmanager (press Ctrl - Alt and Del-key together and select Taskmanager)
- In the bottom of the window of the taskmanager there is an option 'More details' / 'Less details', press it to see more details, but the option reads than 'Less details'.
In that window are tabs called 'Processes' and 'Performance' and some more
- Look under the tab 'Performance' if one of the items is close to 100%, than look in the tab 'Processes' with process is taking all these resources. When your computer is not doing one of your jobs, you expect all loads close to 0%
It shows Kaspersky.

Hi Nimit! IMHO Kaspersky is a resource hog. When ever I find it on a seniors PC in my village, I uninstall it.
What OS are you running on your PC??
PS You are only showing 2 GB RAM .IMHO you need a AV that uses less resources;)!

Hi Nimit! IMHO Kaspersky is a resource hog. When ever I find it on a seniors PC in my village, I uninstall it.
What OS are you running on your PC??
PS You are only showing 2 GB RAM .IMHO you need a AV that uses less resources;)!
I have AVG in my laptop and Kaspersky in PC. Windows 10 is my operating system.

OK That's good that you only have one AV running! All I can tell you my friend is Kaspersky is considered a remorse hog by most techs. You have found it to be using all your resources and proved that when you followed @bochane's suggestion.
Your Lenovo is a very cheap PC and with only 2 GB of RAM. IMHO, you would be better off running Windows Defender.
2GB of RAM just doesn't cut it these days. This is my suggestion. Uninstall Kaspersky and turn on Windows defender and see if your PC is faster or wait for other members to reply latter.

Hi! If you have recently up graded to W10 on your All-in-One Lenovo, That's probably why you notice your PC being slower.
You could add more RAM or do some other up grading to get more speed.;)
Way past my bed time. Will check your thread tomorrow.:)

Sorry, I don't want to break in but..
Just another thought, Kaspersky may be configured to do an complete system scan once in a while. Just give it a change, let it finish this job and look again. Your system will be slow during a scan, and that is true for every AV, but after it finished it may be quite useable.....
You never know

Henk

Hi! If you have recently up graded to W10 on your All-in-One Lenovo, That's probably why you notice your PC being slower.
You could add more RAM or do some other up grading to get more speed.;)
Way past my bed time. Will check your thread tomorrow.:)
It was fine before Kaspersky entered my PC.

Sorry, I don't want to break in but..
Just another thought, Kaspersky may be configured to do an complete system scan once in a while. Just give it a change, let it finish this job and look again. Your system will be slow during a scan, and that is true for every AV, but after it finished it may be quite useable.....
You never know

Henk
It's not running a scan but still slow.;)

Hi Henk! You are never breaking in when replying on a threads that I'm involved in. Team work is always welcome and your knowledge appreciated friend. @Nimit, what do you mean it was fine before Kaspersky entered your PC??

......It's not running a scan but still slow.;)
Strange, a system, just waiting for you to start something, and Kaspersky not scanning, nevertheless taking almost all resources.
I don't know Kaspersky, but is it doing a scan in the background? Or is it trying to update itself?
Is it using CPU time or disk IO?
Have you chosen the default options in Kaspersky or selected special features?

Back