Windows 10 avg vs. yahoo-attachments …

geez … this is not a tutorial … the following is a tip. yes, it may be an illustrated tip … but, this is only a tip. i could find no child-board for "tips" … if there is one, pls move appropriately.

environment:
  • win-10
  • avg antivirus-free-edition (16.121.7859)
  • firefox (49.0.2)
  • chrome (Version 54.0.2840.71 m)
  • mie (i don't trust mie with my pw's … sorry)
this is just a tip for those out there using yahoo email(browser) while being protected by avg … if trying to attach/upload files and yahoo issues a warning saying 'invalid attachment'. with the email still waiting to be sent … go ahead and minimize the browser's window. try the following:

going into avg's interface:
  • options/advanced-settings
  • email protection/scanner
  • "enable" check-outgoing-email
  • apply/okay
  • close avg's interface
going back into yahoo email:
  • delete the attachments you previously tried sending
  • save the email as "draft"
  • close yahoo.mail and yah.com
  • open new tab and log into your yahoo email
  • find/open the email you were about to send
  • re-attach the files and click "send"
the email should successfully send.

you have not compromised avg or yahoo or your computer in any way. also, i see no reason why this should not work cross-platform … but seems there's always idiosyncrasies in life.

if someone feels the information is incorrect or that it does not resolve their issue … pls comment in this thread. if someone feels they wish to add information … i absolutely welcome your input.

veritably, the above tip is not in avg's local help-files … nor is it listed on avg's global forums or knowledge base. in fact, avg's local help-files state their free-edition does not support the feature to allow/disallow. go figure.

attached files for viewing:
avg_yahoo_01.png avg_yahoo_02.png

Back