Bad Microphone Quality

BlockBlazerMC

I am sorry if this is not in the correct place. I do not see any better place to post this issue.

I am wanting to start recording a series for YouTube but my microphone quality seems to be lower than it should be. My playback seems muffled and quiet and If I boost my microphones dB then I get a lot of static even with noise suppression on.
I am using a studio-quality microphone and my PC is only a month or so old. The microphone I am using is a
Excelvan BM-800 Condenser Microphone
and my PC is
iBUYPOWER - Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i3-9100F - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
I wanted to know if there was a way to improve my audio quality with what I currently have.

Thank you.

To improve your microphone quality with the Excelvan BM-800 Condenser Microphone on your iBUYPOWER gaming desktop, you can try several steps:

1. Check Physical Connections:
- Ensure that the microphone is properly connected to the correct input port.
- If you are using an audio interface, validate that the connections are secure.

2. Check Software Settings:
- Open the audio settings on your computer and verify that the correct microphone is selected as the input device.
- Adjust the input volume to an appropriate level.

3. Use Filters and Effects:
- Consider using audio recording software or applications that offer noise reduction, compression, and equalization options.
- Apply filters and effects when editing your recordings to enhance the audio quality.

4. Isolation and Acoustic Treatment:
- Ensure that the mic is isolated from background noise. Consider using a pop filter to reduce plosive sounds.
- Add adequate sound insulation in your recording environment to minimize echoes and unwanted noise.

5. Microphone Positioning:
- Experiment with the distance and angle of the microphone to find the optimal position for capturing clearer audio.
- Avoid placing the microphone too close to your mouth to prevent distortion and plosives.

6. Check Drivers and Software:
- Ensure that your computer's audio drivers are up to date. Check the manufacturer's website for any updated drivers.
- Install any software provided with the microphone that might enhance its performance.

7. Test Different Recording Environments:
- Experiment with recording in different rooms or environments to find the best acoustics.
- Consider setting up some basic soundproofing to enhance audio quality.

8. Test the Microphone on Another System:
- Try using the microphone with another computer to ensure that the issue is not with the microphone itself.

By following these steps, you can optimize the audio quality of your recordings with the equipment you currently have. If after trying these steps you are still experiencing issues, you might consider investing in additional audio equipment or seeking further advice from audio professionals.

Back