Windows 7 Bad sound quality ( high pitched, almost acoustic sound etc.) integrated 6 ch sound card ( realtek d

Acoustic sound? I think that is like saying "sound sound"! ;)

When you say high pitched, I immediately think of 2 things, fan/motor bearings or capacitors "singing" as some do when going bad.

So to start, are you 100% sure the sound is coming out of the speakers? Have you tried another set of speakers? Since all the amplification circuits are typically integrated into the speakers (usually sub-woofer), you cannot assume they all work properly.

How much free disk space do you have? If limited, sound, being a low priority process, suffers.

Poor grounding and/or poor connections are classic causes of lousy fidelity so make sure all your speaker connections are securely connected - from the sound device and out to each speaker.

this is my home theater audio system http://www.geniusnet.com/wSite/ct?xItem=16676&ctNode=146. Ive tried another set from the same model. It sound a little bit better but not so great this either. So the conclusion is when it comes for the sound one cannot say whats responsible for this issues. Fan? you mean the machine cooler ( well yeah is fk hot in this country on summertime but how could I know this for certain?)Capacitors? it looks Im improvig my computerish vocabulary but no idea how those work in such order to affect the sound. So these 2 if its the case are reffering to my integrated sound card right?

Disk space is not among my worries now

all my sound cables are connected well in those tags in the rear pannel of my speaker and to each of my 5 speakers.Altough for some speakers at some ends of the cable I remained without that silvery metal which was wrapping my copper wires tops after they were cut accidentally as they are very fragile but this was quite a long ago and I havent noticed any difference since that happened and I regulary check those wires to see if some of them are cut.

this is my home theater audio system Genius. Ive tried another set from the same model. It sound a little bit better but not so great this either. So the conclusion is when it comes for the sound one cannot say whats responsible for this issues. Fan? you mean the machine cooler ( well yeah is fk hot in this country on summertime but how could I know this for certain?)Capacitors? it looks Im improvig my computerish vocabulary but no idea how those work in such order to affect the sound. So these 2 if its the case are reffering to my integrated sound card right?

Disk space is not among my worries now

all my sound cables are connected well in those tags in the rear pannel of my speaker and to each of my 5 speakers.Altough for some speakers at some ends of the cable I remained without that silvery metal which was wrapping my copper wires tops after they were cut accidentally as they are very fragile but this was quite a long ago and I havent noticed any difference since that happened and I regulary check those wires to see if some of them are cut.

If fans or singing capacitors were making the noise, the sound would be coming out of the computer case, not the speakers.

If me, I would try a different set of speaker - or perhaps headphones. You need to determine if the sound originates in the computer, or the speaker's own amplifier sections.

To be sure you are not get my wrong. There is no noise only that the sound quality has been downgraded.Its hard to notice the difference when playing simple bass beat songs but when comes to complex instrumental songs its quite annoying (Its hard to desribe it Ive made that parallel with acoustic songs).So theres is no noise coming out( literally) from the computer case. Why do I need a different set of speakers if Ive just told you I tried my friend speakers ( the same model).

So theres is no noise coming out( literally) from the computer case. Why do I need a different set of speakers if Ive just told you I tried my friend speakers ( the same model).
Sorry.

To be sure I understand completely, you were, at one time, happy with the sound quality with that motherboard and those speakers before? Right?

They problem we have is we don't know when the problem started. What it after a Windows Update, a driver update, or something else. Or just slowly deteriorate such you cannot tell when it really started, just when you first noticed it.

But still, if long ago, you cannot roll back with System Restore so your options are limited. Assuming all your cable connections are good and your speakers are good, then if me, I would download the latest drivers from ASUS, uninstall the drivers then reboot and install the new drivers. If no help, then it may be time to look at a sound card.

I cannot rollback my system ,I have lots of programs installed and even more updates from windows since Ive recently installed windows 7 again and dont know when to roll back the sytem.The problem with sound quality loss was prior to this windows instalation but was not so obvious like now ( well for me was quite obvious even then since Im listening to music every day).Back then Ive tried different realtek drivers ( the one specified on my manufacturer page and the latest one from realtek site) but without any notable difference. that AMD HD audio device or simply HD audio device located in device manager at sound games and video controlers as well can interfere with my realtek?

Then, if sure those speakers are not producing the sound (and I would still try another set - since the two you tried were identical), then if me, I would install a different card and see what happens. If it sounds right, you can stick with the new card, or try going back to the original again. Sometimes this is necessary with hardware to ensure all settings are reset - something that does not always happen with simple driver upgrades.

Well, that seems like an extreme way to go, but your choice. Good luck and sorry we could not sort your problem out.

Back