Windows 10 Battery Icon won't show up and I can't fix it

Ganondork

I have a problem where my battery icon won't show up in the taskbar, and I went to customize the taskbar, then went to turn system icons on and off, but the battery option was gray, and I could not alter it. Please Help!

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-11_18-49-20.png
    upload_2015-11-11_18-49-20.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 555
Hi and welcome to the forum:

It's customary to provide the Make/Model of your computer and answer a few other questions before we get started. Did you Upgrade the computer you are asking us about from an earlier version of Windows? If so, which version? For example, Win7/8/8.1/8.1.1.

In the meantime, does this problem occur with only the battery plugged into the laptop (No wall power or MAINS)? If you don't know, disconnect the battery and run on AC power with the adapter only. If the battery icon doesn't show up, if could be a faulty battery. This is more likely to apply to your situation if you upgraded your computer to W10 from an earlier version of Windows as suggested, since laptops over 2 years old often have failed batteries in them. On the other hand, if you have a brand new laptop with Win10 (bought on or after July 29th 2015), this is less likely to be problem, and you should consider returning your laptop to your place of purchase for warranty repair. In most cases, retail stores will make you send your laptop back to the manufacturer if less than 1 year old, for free warranty repair. If so, make sure you back all Personal Data from that laptop prior to shipping it back to the Warranty repair center, as they often will wipe your hard drive clean during the repair process. Of course, this erases all your data, so it's best to have a backup copy on external media somewhere before doing this.

Post back your specs and we'll advise you what to do further.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back