Windows 7 Best Alternative to WMP?

VLC is good and I like it.

The reason it is a no-go for me is because I only have a Pentium 4 but with the best video card possible ever for AGP.

VLC does not support EVR (the hardware acceleration needed to make the video card do the video decoding work - "Enhanced Video Renderer").

So what that means is that I can't play HD video in VLC because my CPU can not keep up.

But MPCHC and PowerDVD do support EVR.

So basically, if anyone has a slower CPU, definitely go with my suggestion. If you have a fast CPU, go with anything at all you'd like to. :)

I'm with Jack, MediaMonkey and the WMP11 skin is a very nice combo. VLC for diveo.

Thanks guys!

I feel great; I only use WMP Classic + Klite Mega for videos. MediaMonkey looks good, but I'll try before I buy!

Speaking of: does anyone know of a quick and easy way of converting wpl playlists to m3u?

VLC works like a CHAMP on all but one of my machines (OLD laptop). Trying to play 1080p is simply asking too much. Having said that, Media Player Classic Home Cinema gets it over the line. While it's ugly as sin, it's great for doing what no-other will do.

Back