Windows 7 Best memory for AMD FX8350 PC build

Jerald7

I am building a new PC, using an AMD FX8350 on a MSI 970A-G46 mobo. I have G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2 X 4MB). I also have one stick of G.Skill F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL. Which would be better for this build?

Personally I'd use the Faster RAM as the FX8350 will go just beyond that speed although if you buy another stick then they wouldn't be matched but It's not a huge deal I guess just more desirable...

Personally I'd use the Faster RAM as the FX8350 will go just beyond that speed although if you buy another stick then they wouldn't be matched but It's not a huge deal I guess just more desirable...
I thought that as long as you had the exact same memory stick (even though not purchased together), it would be matched. Is that not true?

No not as a rule. They are matched in the factory and anything else cannot really be considered a true matched pair. Saying all this though doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. It's just more desirable to have matched pairs although I've ran RAM in the past that hasn't been matched and it's been perfectly fine. I would hazard that it would perhaps only truly matter if they were being overclocked..

Personally, I would ask whether a MSI motherboard is the best choice? Then start by checking the manufacturer's QVL. After deciding on a RAM manufacturer, many of them have wizards on website to help in selecting which RAM to use.

Back
Top Bottom