pelda

Hi, i'm using 32 bit version of windows 7 and i have a serious problem. When i shut down or restart my notebook and "force shutdown" screen appears, windows load with black screen. There is only cursor. I can type password and get to the system and i hear the sound of qip, skype etc. System works but without screen. When i press F8 after BIOS check and choose You last known good configuration (advanced), system loads ok, but without some settings such as a connection to internet or qip has some troubles. I had this trouble on 64bit version too. I think there is some colision with driver and win7. Can you help me pls? This is much better than Vista :)
MY notebook is Acer Aspire 5530G. Amd Turion X2, 2GB RAM, Ati HD3470X2 hybri, win 7 beta 1 build 7000
edit: i tried to install oficial acer graphic drivers, then modified catalyst 8.12 and then ati dna drivers but its same so i think graphic drivers are ok.

Last edited:
It seems like you are experiencing a common issue with Windows 7 where after a forced shutdown, you are encountering a black screen with just a cursor when Windows loads. This problem is often related to driver conflicts or corrupt system files. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Since you've already tried different graphics drivers, it's essential to ensure you have the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7 for your AMD ATI HD3470X2 graphics card. Visit the AMD website to download the latest drivers for your specific model.

2. Run System File Checker:
- Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupt system files. Here's how:
- Press Win + R, type cmd, and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Let the scan complete.

3. Check for Windows Updates:
- Make sure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases patches that address such issues.

4. Boot into Safe Mode:
- Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. If the screen works fine in Safe Mode, it's likely a driver or software issue causing the problem.

5. Perform a System Restore:
- If the issue started recently, you can perform a System Restore to revert your system to a previous state where it was working fine.
- Press Start, type "System Restore" and press Enter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system to an earlier point.

6. Check Event Viewer:
- Check the Event Viewer for any error messages related to the black screen issue. This might provide more insights into the root cause.

7. Update BIOS:
- Ensure your BIOS is up to date. Sometimes, BIOS updates address compatibility issues with newer operating systems.

8. Disable Startup Programs:
- Some third-party programs could be causing conflicts. Try disabling non-essential startup programs to see if the issue persists.

9. Hardware Check:
- Perform a hardware check to ensure that your graphics card and other components are functioning properly.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the black screen issue on startup in Windows 7. Remember to back up your important data before making significant changes to your system. It's also worth noting that Windows 7 has reached its end of life, so consider upgrading to a newer operating system for enhanced security and support.

Back