Windows 7 blue screen @ Completing upgrade...

aquaheart

the installation alltogether goes really smoothly, it takes about 1.5hrs to do the upgrade from vista.

then about 2 mins into the completing upgrade stage it blue screens and a STOP: 0x000000131 error will come up, then reboot, and start the rollback process to vista.

anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

note: i use magicISO to mount it to a virtual drive and start the installation.
note: USB keyboard/mouse flicker about 30 seconds before the crash.
note: I use a HDTV as my monitor with a max resolution of 1360x768, and there is a resolution change just before the crash.
note: I've tried 3 times so far to no avail.

Last edited:
Sounds like your audio drivers...

check out what happened to me, same BSOD code:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

maybe creative just needs to write another driver for 7... but they also said that everything that runs on Vista runs on 7... apparently not.

Sounds like your audio drivers...

check out what happened to me, same BSOD code:

Windows 7 Halarity Ensues at newbie.blog

maybe creative just needs to write another driver for 7... but they also said that everything that runs on Vista runs on 7... apparently not.

hm interesting! vista told me after 'recovering from error' it was related to audio drivers too.

i just pulled the sound card out of my box and went back to onboard sound.

going to try this installation once more. /crossfingers

yep! that was it. i took the sound card out of my system and installation worked seamlessly.
sad part is, this is a common sound card. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE. i worked at circuit city and people were always picking this thing up because its one of the cheapest sound cards out there, and great for replacing broken onboard sound.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!

I was able to get it working with some beta drivers from Creative...

Check the blog link I sent before: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom