Blue-screen when playing CS:GO

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Ok good. It could well be that dust was causing some overheating you'll just have to see how things go and if the issue returns we'll try something else.

Ok, thanks! I'll let you know how it runs over the next few days.

Well I've been able to play without any issues over the past couple of days. I won't get too excited yet in case I've just been lucky. I'll give it another day or two, but things are looking promising! Thanks :D

Well it's been 4 days now without a blue-screen, so I'm pretty sure it's fixed. Thanks so much for your help and patience!

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hey that's great to hear. Any problems just post back.. :)

Ok, I blue-screened again just now. I'm trying to upload the dump file, but I can't zip it, or just upload the file. It comes up with an error saying I don't have permission to open the file and that I should contact an administrator, which has never happened before.

Not sure what was happening, but I can zip it now

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a4ce4e0, fffff88003f29d78, 0, 2}

Unable to load image atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+cd78 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
same dump file as before as you can see. You could try using the DDU and installing the latest AMD Crimson drivers as i know they just updated.
These bsod's might well be caused by your graphics card being faulty. Is there anyway for you to run it in a different machine like a friends?

Ok, I'll try the crimson drivers first, but if not, I can probably run it in a new machine. I was looking at upgrading soon, so if it is a faulty card, it will have come at a good time!

Well I just installed the new crimson drivers and this error message appeared. Do you know what it means or how I can fix it?

Attachments

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Did you use the DDU to remove the previous driver? Perhaps your card isn't compatible? Try running a previous driver and see if installs ok.
Do you have a friend who could test the card for you?

Yes I did. This error appeared a couple of minutes after the installation, so I think the drivers installed fine before it appeared.
Yes I do, it'll take a couple of days though, but I'll try it.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
I think it's best if you can. Check the card over using your friends machine then you'll know if it's the card which is causing the issues

Ok, I'm getting a new card on Tuesday (I was going to do this anyway, it's not because of the blue-screening!), so I'll know if it was the card then. I've blue-screened twice more, but it'll just be the same, so I won't post the dump files!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.