Windows 7 Blue-screen when playing CS:GO

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800ad64010, fffff880042c9cac, 0, 2}

Unable to load image atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+ccac )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
same again. Try following my advice above especially about using the DDU in safe mode to remove the driver. Don't forget about updating those Intel drivers too.

Ok, I ran the stress test for a little over 30 minutes with no problems. The average temp was around 86°C. I then tested my vram and it came back with no errors. I was only able to test half of it though, I couldn't work out how to take the cap off 1024MB. If you know how to do this that would be great and I'll run the test again. I also updated the Intel drivers, at least I think I did. There were a lot on the downloads page, but I think I got the most recent ones.
I already used DDU a while back, should I still do it again?

You could always try it i guess. Post any new dump files although I'll be going out soon so won't be debugging until the morning.

Ok, 1 quick question, I was just looking at some other blue-screen related posts on the forums and saw that you said some people should try getting the beta drivers, is this something that might help?

You can always try them.. check your temps too make sure your not overheating.

Your welcome! I expected to see a dump file this morning but no. Has the machine been running ok?

Well, I played a game earlier and it didn't crash/freeze/blue-screen which is pretty good. My PC has stopped being generally slow. I know I said this last time, but I think it's now fixed! I won't get my hopes up though, I'll keep you posted!

So far so good.. As you say above, any problems crop up post back.

Well, it happened again. My PC froze, after while it said display drivers had stopped responding but recovered and seemed ok. I launched Skype then my PC blue-screened. I saw 2 crashes in the minidump folder from today, so I'll post them both

Attachments

• dump files.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 240
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a252010, fffff88004064d78, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+cd78 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
same bugcheck as the last and may mean that something more serious is at fault than just a driver.

I see your running AVG AV. This is known on occasion to cause issues so please remove and run MSE as this is ultra stable. You can always go back to AVG.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Your motherboard drivers still need updating especially the chipset/Intel drivers. Try running Intel's driver update utility:
Intel® Driver Update Utility
Make sure you right click the start up icon and run as admin.

If you have trouble running the above then use the drivers found on your motherboard support page. Update as much as you can although do make sure you include the Intel drivers as well as the Realtek LAN driver. Some of the drivers on the website are still a little old but better than the versions your running. To be honest it's best if you take the time out to research where your latest driver downloads are available. Try using the motherboard support page as a guide and use Google to search for the latest versions. You will get to know your machine better and your machine will thank you for it by running better.
MSI Global

Right, I've tried uninstalling AVG a number of times but it never does anything then says I need to finish my current uninstallation if I try again. I installed MSE as well, so I only have to remove AVG.
No drivers were detected my the Intel Update Utility, so I guess they're all up to date?
I'll try the rest of the mobo drivers. I've downloaded the more recent ones, but I'll get the rest now.

I've tried uninstalling AVG a number of times but it never does anything then says I need to finish my current uninstallation if I try again.
Hmm.. Interesting this may well be part of the issue. Try removing AVG with the removal tool:
AVG | Download tools and utilities
No drivers were detected my the Intel Update Utility, so I guess they're all up to date?
Nope they are out of date. Did you run the Intel app as admin? Ok so update using the drivers on the support page as they are a little later.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Yes, I ran it as an admin. Do you mean the Intel or the motherboard support page? The MSI page has a bunch of Intel related drivers.

Do you mean the Intel or the motherboard support page? The MSI page has a bunch of Intel related drivers.
The MSI motherboard support page.
MSI Global
Remember update as much as you can but it's essential you update Intel and the LAN/Ethernet driver (realtek)

Ok, I just went on a mass driver installing spree. How do you know if my drivers need updating? How can I check this to make sure I have the most recent ones?

How do you know if my drivers need updating? How can I check this to make sure I have the most recent ones?
As I said above:
'Some of the drivers on the website are still a little old but better than the versions your running. To be honest it's best if you take the time out to research where your latest driver downloads are available. Try using the motherboard support page as a guide and use Google to search for the latest versions. You will get to know your machine better and your machine will thank you for it by running better'.

These drivers from the website will get you by for now but do the research, find the sources for the drivers ( for example for Realtek drivers you can go to the main Realtek site) and then you can monitor for the latest versions. Some users like to rely on apps which do this job for them. This is a lazy way of maintaining the pc and invariably leads to issues as these apps don't always find the correct drivers (same goes for windows update too).

Back