Windows 7 Blue Screens - Sometimes Randomly, other times after a pattern

HellnoRO

Hi!
My computer bsods since I got it. A friend of mine built it.
I did not tell him my problem, but if it persists I think I'll tell him. If you can help me solve the following problems by myself, I'll be glad, since he's a selfish and he'll, of course, want money because he didn't built my PC correctly.
I tried to do a clean install from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7. All fine, after 2 weeks bsods came back.

Most common BSODs are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT which appeared on Windows 8.1 as well. Some more happened less frequently, and they never occured in Windows 8.1. Also there are some different bsods that occured in Windows 8.1 and not in Windows 7.

Most of the time, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happens just randomly, sometimes 3 times a day (today) and other times none in 5 days.

Most of the time, though, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT happens in closing processes. I'm really afraid that my PC will bluescreen if I close Chrome or Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
Some examples would be times when I closed Chrome wanting to play CS:GO instead and my pc just blue screened. Other time, I got kicked by my teammates in CS:GO so the game returned to the main menu, which stayed normal half a second, then blue screen.
Another game, Block and Load, which is still on development, freezed (it's pretty normal, it's not a final game). I ended the task with Task Manager, then the PC blue screened.

What should I do? It's driving me nuts!
I think the one that happens in closing processes might be the RAM or HardDisk and the random one happening because of software problems.
To mention that random bsods happened way after those which happen in closing processes.
Please help me.

Hi,
please read the thread found here and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

We need to read your actual dump files in order to help you best. The above thread has an app which will help collect the data we need. If no dump files are detected it means your machine isn't set up to produce them. Make sure your settings are set like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

One thing you could try before we read the dump file is test your memory.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I can't try the Memtest thingy, there is no stick or CD nearby and the store is really far away from my house. Also I can't really test for 12 hours, because I've got stuff to do and I don't have time to watch for any errors.
But here are my minidumps

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, b0008, fffffa8005514a80}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032cc100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032cc1c0
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1d73a1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
although some of your dump files do point to memory this is probably down to a driver namely the graphics driver. It's mentioned in several dump files so is probably worth updating or re-installing.
When removing the graphics driver use the application found here:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.0.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
You'll need to boot into safe mode to use it but it will ensure that not only the old driver will be removed but anything else left behind by previous installs.
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Also a dump file pointed to Vram as a possible cause please check your gpu memory by running the app found on this page:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES

Use the drivers found on the motherboard support page to update your chipset drivers. They aren't the latest versions but are at least newer than the ones on the machine:
https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/H81MK/HelpDesk_Download/

Your also running an app called Daemon Tools? This is well known for causing bsod's in win 7. If the bsod should continue then consider removing.

Post any new dump files.

Thanks, I'll take a look.
I installed the newest version of the graphics card drivers, which came with windows 7 update when I installed it, but after some days I uninstalled them (with DDU) and reinstalled some old ones. After very short time (about 3 days, which is mostly the delay between the bluescreens let's say... on my pc i get thousands of bsods for 1 or 2 days then it takes a break for 3 days and it begins again) my PC started blue screening, so this may be the cause.
And yes, I have Daemon Tools in my computer.
I will consider removing Daemon Tools and installing the newest drivers for my graphics card. I will give you more information if needed later.
If no bsod is occured in 7 days, it means my PC is fixed because the maximum delay between bsods was 5 days.

EDIT: I tried removing Daemon Tools, it removed succesfully. I will not update my drivers for the graphics driver until I get new bsods.
Also, is this link legit? I could try that and see if it fixes something, but i don't wanna mess something up

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the above fix as I've never used it and I'd be very wary about making changes to the Registry period.

I'm not sure about the above fix as I've never used it and I'd be very wary about making changes to the Registry period.
Something new:
When I uninstalled Daemon Tools, I also took a break from playing CS:GO. No bluescreen occured after uninstalling Daemon Tools. Yesterday, though, when I played CS:GO again, my first blue screen appeared. It happened while being in the main menu, speaking with a friend on Skype. Also, I don't have problems with CS:GO, I have about 100 fps and it is not lagging at all.
Then, after the blue screen, I went to CS:GO again. Then after 5 mins I closed it and started the GTA V download (I bought it that day).
After 25 mins, another blue screen occured. Then I restarted my PC and started the download again, while speaking to a friend on Skype.
After 1 hour, another blue screen occured, then I shut my PC down and went to sleep.

So it is really hard to believe that my graphics drivers could do this. It is really obvious that it happens only when the computer is used a lot. To mention that while playing other games that don't require a very good computer (like Minecraft, Brawlhalla, Terraria) nothing happens. Whatever I have to try updating my drivers because I have no chance to play GTA V with those drivers.

I asked you update the gpu driver based on the last dump file sent.

It's entirely up to you whether you follow our advice.

If you would like the other dump files read please post.

Back
Top Bottom