Windows 7 Bluetooth Headset keeps losing connection

blay.tenshi

Hi guys,

I don't know if is the correct place to put this. Here is the situation:

I have a bluetooth headset. A Nokia BH-501. Just your normal run of the mill bluetooth headset. I've installed IVT BlueSoleil (Version 5.0.5 x64) to do connections and everything. Normally it runs fine, it connects I can listen to music, watch my movies, blah blah, all via my Bluetooth headset.

However, the moment I stop all the applications that outputs sound to my bluetooth headset, the headset itself disconnects and all sounds get diverted to my speakers. This also happens even if i have all the applications on pause.

For example if I have Media Player Classic and Winamp running both outputting audio to my headset, it will work fine as long as I keep something playing. The headset will keep playing music even if one application is stopped or paused. But as soon as both are stopped or paused, the headset will lose its connection. If i want to play audio through my headset again, i would have to RE-CONNECT all over again...

Any ideas on how to keep my bluetooth headset connected even when i pause or stop audio?

If you need to know anything about what devices i'm running, just reply and i'll let you know. Just in case, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64...

Thanks guys

Jimmy

Hey jimmy The reason it does it is to save batteries, mine does it too. But there is a work-around you need to go to..Control panel/hardware and sound click on manage audio devices a box should pop up highlight blue-tooth headset then at the bottom of window click set default.
Hope this helps.

Hey jimmy The reason it does it is to save batteries, mine does it too. But there is a work-around you need to go to..Control panel/hardware and sound click on manage audio devices a box should pop up highlight blue-tooth headset then at the bottom of window click set default.
Hope this helps.

Hi 03hdfatboy,

Thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested but the bluetooth still keeps disconnecting. I've even gone to the Power Management and changed everything to 'Performance' so everything should stay on but it's still cutting out.

..:( any other suggestions?

Got me there ... I'll play around with mine a bit and see if I can duplacatate what is going on with yours and get back to ya.

I hadn't used my blue tooth headset sense my vista reinstall and now it tells me I need to update driver and of coarse I can't find one but Ill try my blue ant and get back to ya

No I think it just the way blue tooth technology is designed. Because after I stopped and thought about it, I think mine was doing that same thing even in XP.

hmmmm i don't think mine did that in XP...*rubs chin*

and even if it did...i don't think it timed out that quickly :S It would at least wait a few minutes of absolutely no audio output before disconnecting. With vista it's a few seconds =\

lol it's strange. nobody is able to answer my question ahhahaah I've posted the same topic on 5 different forums looking for the answer.

Hi Blay,

Sorry no solution here but just a suggestion... Have you tried the manufacturers website to see if there's a 'user forum'?..

yeah i have. been to the nokia forums and posted a thread but still nobody's answered so far.

hahaha is bluetooth really that unpopular to use with computers? o_O i'm starting to think people are sniggering in the background going 'lol noob'

Well from what I've seen and heard that BT is good for VOIP on a PC and that is about all most people use it for.

Link Removed - Invalid URLHi!!! May I suggest a Nokia Discussion Group? They do have a discussion group for this mans headset.:D Who knows, maybe they have an adapter or something........

You have to keep the Bluetooth Devices window minimized when you connect your headset. If there is an Audio tab, click Connect and minimize the window. The sound will be heard in the headset every time there is a request to it.

You can minimize it in the task manager, but the sound will work and not drop completely as long as the Bluetooth Devices window is working. If you kill this window then once the sound sent to the headset plays back, the connection will be automatically dropped forcing you to reactivate it again from the Bluetooth Devices window.

Back