Windows 7 Bluetooth not showing up

trippb

My bluetooth radio is not being detected by RC1. There is nothing about bluetooth in Device Manager and no unknown devices. For the beta (7000) I upgraded from Vista Home Basic. Everything went smoothly and I loved it. For RC1 I tried changing the version number in the cversion file but it still didn't work. I didn't fight with it and did a clean install. I had some other driver issues that I'll post in another thread but this is the one I can't seem to get past. Here are my computer details:

Dell Latitude 5400
Dell 370 Bluetooth Card

Dell does not offer a driver for this card. The have a Vista update that includes it but that update will not work with Windows 7. Drivers won't help anyway. As I said., Windows does not see it at all. If you need any further details just let me know.

Thanks.

It seems like you're facing an issue with your Bluetooth radio not being detected by Windows RC1 on your Dell Latitude 5400 with a Dell 370 Bluetooth Card. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check BIOS Settings:
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS settings of your Dell Latitude 5400. Sometimes, Bluetooth functionality can be disabled at this level.

2. Update Chipset Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest chipset drivers installed for your Dell Latitude 5400. Chipset drivers are crucial for the proper functioning of various hardware components, including Bluetooth.

3. Check Bluetooth Service:
- Ensure that the Bluetooth service is running in Windows. You can do this by:
- Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Look for the Bluetooth Support Service and ensure that it is set to Automatic and is Running.

4. Windows Update:
- Make sure your Windows installation is up to date. Sometimes, important system updates can address compatibility issues and device recognition problems.

5. Restore Default Settings:
- If you made any changes to system files like the cversion file, try restoring them to default settings.

6. Alternative Driver Sources:
- While Dell might not offer specific Windows 7 drivers for the Dell 370 Bluetooth Card, you could try looking for generic Bluetooth drivers that are compatible with Windows 7.

7. Hardware Troubleshooting:
- Check the physical connection of the Bluetooth card inside your laptop. Ensure it is properly seated in the slot.

8. Device Manager Scan:
- Even if there are no unknown devices in Device Manager, try scanning for hardware changes to see if Windows picks up the Bluetooth device.

If you've already tried these steps or encounter any specific errors during these processes, please provide those details so we can further assist you in resolving the Bluetooth detection issue on Windows RC1.

Back