Boot Camp w/ W7 x64 Install Problems

ckdiesel

Hello,

I'm running a new Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.7. I recently downloaded Windows 7 RC x64 Build 7100 and I was able to install it, but I am having driver problems. I installed the Boot Camp 2.0.1 drivers first, then ran the upgrade to 2.1 as many sites said to do. I'm having problems with a few things I was wondering if anybody had any solutions.

1.) I cannot get sound period, I've tried upgrading to Realtek's x64 driver but I'm not getting any luck.
2.) There is no Apple keyboard/trackpad support even after running BC. None of the function keys like volume, brightness, etc will work. I cannot get any multitouch support either. Device manager indicates that generic Microsoft keyboard/mouse drivers are being used.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Hello,

I'm running a new Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.7. I recently downloaded Windows 7 RC x64 Build 7100 and I was able to install it, but I am having driver problems. I installed the Boot Camp 2.0.1 drivers first, then ran the upgrade to 2.1 as many sites said to do. I'm having problems with a few things I was wondering if anybody had any solutions.

1.) I cannot get sound period, I've tried upgrading to Realtek's x64 driver but I'm not getting any luck.
2.) There is no Apple keyboard/trackpad support even after running BC. None of the function keys like volume, brightness, etc will work. I cannot get any multitouch support either. Device manager indicates that generic Microsoft keyboard/mouse drivers are being used.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
I'm running Win7 7232 X64 with no problems at all on a UniBody MacBook using the Boot Camp Drivers from Snow Leopard 10A380. See if you can locate an ISO of that (or the extracted Boot Camp Drivers) and you will be fine.

All you have to un-install sound driver by going to Device manager. Select sound and un-install. Go to Mac CD boot camp driver and run realtek sound driver file (not full setup file) you sound card now will work
regards

I have Windows 7 RC 64-bit on MBP. Just reinstalled the drivers from Snow Leopard (Boot Camp 3.0) disk and all is well.

I also have a MBP running 10.6.1, and using the Bootcmap 3.0 drivers, W7 x64 installed perfectly. I know the past versions of Bootcamp (2.0 and 2.1) has had problems with the Realtek sound drivers, because i had them myself with XP x86. Try to get the 3.0 drivers, they make a world of a difference.

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit free on Macbook Pro

I also have a MBP running 10.6.1, and using the Bootcmap 3.0 drivers, W7 x64 installed perfectly. I know the past versions of Bootcamp (2.0 and 2.1) has had problems with the Realtek sound drivers, because i had them myself with XP x86. Try to get the 3.0 drivers, they make a world of a difference.

Thanks for your reply. i got the boot camp 3 drivers. Now another new problems arose. my my book pro (late 2008) freeze and i have to hard boot to re-start windows 7 (win7 professional 32bit) any advise
regards
Ali

Thanks for your reply. i got the boot camp 3 drivers. Now another new problems arose. my my book pro (late 2008) freeze and i have to hard boot to re-start windows 7 (win7 professional 32bit) any advise
regards
Ali

Hmm, was their any issues with the Bootcamp v3.0 install? And what do you mean by froze? If i remember correctly, when I first installed the drivers, it actually froze the computer as well, and I had to do a hard boot and it worked after that. Does it still work? Now I actually got rid of that version of Windows 7, which was Pro, and got Ultimate, and I didn't have the freezing issue ever again.

I tried this originally when I first got my Macbook Pro but, it would not even install. So, regrettably I forked out the big money for Parallels Mac and now I am really happy running Windows on a Mac. The real thing I found r regrettable with Boot Camp is it would even install Windows. Though I know there are patches out now for Boot Camp and OS X 10.6.4 which I have, I feel no real need to even think about trying it again. By the way the error I got was piece of hardware (of which all was Apple) was not recognized and Boot Camp would have to terminate. Well hope they did get that fixed.

Back