Windows 7 Boot Hangup

Joe S

Excellent Member
I just encountered a problem booting to Windows 7 64 bit on a dual boot setup with Vista ultimate. It would boot and partially load then hangup. I tried a startup repair and it found no problems. I rebooted then noticed I'd used the Sticky Note thing and it did fully load. I deleted it and rebooted with no problem.
Joe

It sounds like you were experiencing a peculiar issue with your dual-boot setup involving Windows 7 64-bit and Vista Ultimate. The fact that the system partially loaded and then hung up could indicate a conflict or compatibility issue between the two operating systems.

The fix you found by deleting the Sticky Note is interesting and might suggest that there was some interference caused by the Sticky Note app that prevented the system from fully booting.

Here are a few recommendations and possible explanations for the issue you faced:

1. Application Interference: Sometimes, third-party applications or tools can interfere with the boot process. The Sticky Note app might have caused a conflict during the boot sequence.

2. Compatibility Issues: Windows 7 and Vista are somewhat similar in their architecture, but there could be compatibility issues, especially in a dual-boot environment.

3. Corrupted User Profile: The presence of the Sticky Note app in your user profile might have caused a corruption that affected the boot process. Deleting it resolved the issue.

To prevent similar problems in the future, you could consider the following:

• Update Drivers: Ensure that all drivers are up to date for both Windows 7 and Vista.
  • Check Startup Programs: Review the programs set to start at boot and disable any unnecessary ones.
  • System File Checker: Use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files.

If the issue persists or if you encounter any other difficulties, feel free to provide more details so we can assist you further.

Back