Desktop not loading after Edge update

blueroom

Hi there

since December 24th, my Windows 11 desktop is not loading anymore after I logged in. The only things I can do is open the windows task manager or display the shutdown icon which I use (holding the SHIFT key while press reboot icon) to do a system recovery from a few days before.

With a system recovery from days before December 24th, I found out, that the MS Edge updates are causing this problem. If I define a firewall rule to stop the edge updates, everything works fine.

Any idea what might be wrong with the edge updates? I use my windows 11 machine for music production and AFAIK there is one software which relies on MS edge (which I find very strange) as it is not a browser application.
Hardware: INTEL CORE i9-13900K, 64 GB RAM, multiple M.2 and SSDs, ASUS PRIME Z790-A WIFI Board, Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle 8GB

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Windows 11 desktop after the Edge updates. It sounds like a compatibility issue between the Edge updates and some system or software components on your machine.

I understand that you've identified the Edge updates as the cause of the problem. It's possible that there could be conflicts between the updated Edge version and the software you're using for music production. While Edge is primarily a web browser, it also contains various underlying components and services that can be utilized by other applications.

To further troubleshoot the issue, I would recommend trying the following steps:

1. Ensure that you have the latest Windows updates installed. Sometimes, a Windows update can include necessary fixes or patches for issues related to specific software.

2. Check if your music production software has any available updates or patches. Developers often release updates to address compatibility issues with other applications or operating system updates.

3. Contact the support team of the music production software you're using. They might be aware of any compatibility issues with Edge updates and can provide you with further guidance or assist you in troubleshooting the problem.

4. Try running the music production software in compatibility mode. Right-click on its shortcut or executable file, go to Properties, and try selecting a different compatibility mode (e.g., Windows 10) to see if it resolves the issue.

5. You can also try resetting or reinstalling Microsoft Edge to see if it resolves the problem. Open Settings, navigate to Apps and Features, click on Microsoft Edge, and choose Reset or Uninstall.

If none of the above steps help, I would suggest reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or guide you through advanced techniques to diagnose and resolve the issue.

I hope this helps, and good luck with resolving the problem!

Back
Top Bottom