Windows 7 BSecure Technologies (Secure Spot- Total Network Security by D-Link)

Celestra

Former Moderator
This little device (DSO-150) was given to me a while back to try out. This isn't something you're going to want to use if you can't stand wires and cables. Matter of fact, I hesitated using it for that same reason.

Actually this is quite nice, none intrusive, easy to install and use. Securespot is an Internet Security Adapter with a CATS Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter, Mounting Kit, CD-Rom and Installation Wizard with Product Documentation. Requires Cable or DSL Modem.

It doesn't say if it is compatible with Vista, but I've experienced nothing wrong except a slight display problem which can be easily checked.

Eight applications in one: 3 layers of security. Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Parental Control, Spam Blocker,Pop-Up Blocker,Firewall Protection,ID Protection & Network Reporting.

The Web Service layer manages home security and real-time updates with a single browser interface.
The Securespot layer- hardware based, comprehensive network protection stops treats before they even reach your computer.
Computer layer- Integrated virus and spy-ware protects against dangerous "blended threats"

(My router doesn't need encryption or security with this gizmo) So far, I don't tend my security at all. No updates or scans.

Back