Windows 7 BSOD After Reboot Following Power Multiple Failures

JamesGK

Please help with BSOD.

Following power failure, my HP Pavilian tried rebooting, but was interrupted due to multiple power failures. On next full reboot, it went to BSOD when I logged into my Windows profile. On subsequent reboot, Windows offered to do a system restore. I restored it to a previous date. After that restore, the computer would allow me to open my profile, but went to BSOD when I tried to open Outlook. I am now operating in "safe mode with networking" but perepherals (e.g., scanner) and some applications (e.g., Outlook) do not work. Files from SF Diagnostic are attached.

System Info:
HP p6240f
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz 2.49GHz; 64 Bit.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 724
Need help with BSOD

View attachment Seven Forums.zip

Got BSOD after multiple power failures where reboot was not complete before power failed again. Afterwards, got BSOD when logging into Windows User Profile. Next I did the Windows restoration and reset it to a previous day. That allowed me to log into my profile, but I still get BSOD when trying to open certain applications (e.g., MS Ouotlook). Computer works in "safe mode with networking," but can not use some periferals (e.g., scanner) and some applications (e.g., MS Outlook). Have loaded/run SF Diagnostic tools (results are attached).

Computer Info:
HP Pavilion Desk Top Model P6240F
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50GHz
RAM: 8GB
64 Bit OS (Windows 7 Home Premium)

Some initial success, but still having problems and still need help.

I removed my anti-virus (Symantec Endpoint Protection) after which the computer worked fine including MS Outlook and was stable for about 5-10 minutes, so I loaded McAfee anti-virus and went to bed. Next day (with McAfee loaded) I am getting similar BSOD unless I'm in safe mode, though it seems to remain stable a little longer before going to BSOD.

I have tried to use Windows Update to fix driver issue listed by Kemical (above), but Windows Update apparently does not open in safe mode. Have attached a new SF Diagnostic "7 forms" corresponding with the new anti-virus installed (it's the 3.31MB file). Thanks!

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,056
  • Seven Forums.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 492
Hi, it's the same as before... Try using this app: Link Removed - Invalid URL

That's great news James. Please post again if you need our help. :)

Back