Windows 7 BSOD, driver IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO, seems to be NETIO.SYS, what to do?

AlanMintaka

Hi Everyone,
I just got a BSOD in Windows 7 Home Premium (6.1 build 7100). Unfortunately there was an automatic restart before I could digest most of the information by eye, but it included something like:

driver IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO

On restart, I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to check online for solutions to the problem. I should have clicked on "more details" but simple stupidity kept me from doing that. Windows did some online checking, then stopped checking without returning any results.

However, I did manage to locate the minidump file. I don't have any fancy viewers for dmp files that I know of so I opened it in Notepad++ and enabled the Hex Editor plugin. I then searched the ANSI portions of the dump for a .SYS driver name.

The only one I found was NETIO.SYS. There was no ANSI text that made enough sense for me to figure out more than that. That's as far as I took the search because obviously I don't know what I'm doing.

I 've attached a ZIP of the minidump file. I was hoping some of the MVPs here could make sense of it. Is there an easy way to for a novice like me to view these things for intelligible information?

Thanks for your time,

Attachments

• 041710-38875-01.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Back