Windows 7 BSOD During Media Playback and Internet Browsing

cerps

memory.pngspd slot 1.pngspd slot 2.pngView attachment Minidump.zipView attachment RAMMon - SPD Info.txt

I think the problem is related to my graphics drivers. I persistently have issues with atikmpag.sys and atikmdag.sys. It has happened from the start and I finally am fed up with it. It can happen during web browsing. Playing video in media center will do it. My wife tried watching a video on imdb.com and it crashed. System was built in December 2010. All components were brand new.

core i5 750
gigabyte PM55-UD2 motherboard
ocz ddr3 RAM (2 sticks x 2 gigs)
ATI Radeon 4350 HD 1 gig
WD 500 gig caviar black hard drive
windows 7 professional 64bit

I've tried reseating graphics and memory. I uninstalled the graphics driver and entire catalyst suite and just reinstalled the driver as I've heard that can be a problem. It didn't help. I know enough about computers to feel too comfortable and do damage, but I haven't tried anything crazy yet. I don't know enough to be useful fixing them evidently. I'm at my wits end and ready to either take it in to MicroCenter to have them try and fix it or just buy a new NON-ATI graphics card to see if that fixes it.

I read the posts on creating a new post and think I got all the tests and info attached. If I goofed up, please let me know and I'll do whatever is needed for you guys to help me. Last but not least, thank you.

Your ATI card is probably defective, I suggest to RMA it if still under warranty

Back
Top Bottom