Windows 10 BSOD Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page

LiZard

I have a Lenovo ideapad that I have upgraded to Windows 10 sometime last year. Everything has been fine until recently. Within the past week I have got 2 blue screens stating "faulty hardware corrupted page."

Honestly, I know very little about computers other than blue screens are not good. Does anyone have an idea why this is suddenly happening? Most posts I read said it started almost as soon as they updated.

Thanks!

Hi,
it could be down to a number of reasons either driver or hardware related. The best way for us to find out is to read the dump file created when the machine blue screens. If no dump files are present then you'll need to change your settings so that a dump file will be produced when a bsod occurs.
Dump files are found in the main Windows folder in a folder marked Minidump.

We do have an application which will help you collect the data we need as well as information on how to set up your machine to produce dump files. You can find this information and app' here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Please post any results.

In the meantime, try checking your recent updates and see if any drivers were updated especially around the time of the bsod starting. If you pop along to the Lenovo site you will be able to find your driver support page. Ensure your running with the latest drivers, firmwares and updates. If you can't find your exact model, post which model you have and i'll have a look for you.

Oh and i moved your thread to the correct section.. :)

Last edited:
Okay I ran the W7F Diagnostic Tool and created the zip folder. It is attached.
I went to the Lenovo site and I think I found my model but I don't really know what the 4 things there actually are and if I need them. The model is an Ideapad P500 Touch.

Also, thank you for moving this to the right place.

Attachments

• W7F_23-02-2016.zip
    602.6 KB · Views: 408
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 8de, 19e1d967240, ffffd0002b6c3000}

Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above Bugcheck means that a single bit error was found. This is a hardware memory error. You will need to check your RAM but first let's just make sure it isn't a driver as you do have some old ones running.

Please try and update these drivers. It would seem that you don't have any Windows 10 drivers although Windows 8/8.1 are very close cousins:
AMPPAL.sys Tue Nov 13 16:22:15 2012: Intel Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Virtual Adapter driver. (Possibly a Win 7 driver)
ibtfltcoex.sys Thu Jun 18 22:14:26 2015: Intel Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Virtual Adapter driver
You have two versions of this driver installed or so it seems. One is dated 2015 and the other is 2012. Try removing the earlier driver. You should find it in the remove programs section.

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface. A slightly later version is under the Windows 8 section (under chipset) please update:
Laptops :: IdeaPad P Series laptops :: P500 Touch Laptop (ideapad) - Lenovo Support (US)

LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 15:06:58 2010: Lenovo HD disk driver. It would seem no update is available for this driver so let's leave this one be for now and carry on. If it's a problem then testing later should pick it up.

Please run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Please post any new dump files.

I haven't had any problems since I originally posted this, until this week. Around 2 weeks ago Windows 10 automatically updated my computer and I have since had 2 BSOD, most recently being shortly after 11pm on 10/20. So I went through your steps to see what I could do.

I searched in the Remove Programs to remove this (ibtfltcoex.sys Thu Jun 18 22:14:26 2015: Intel Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Virtual Adapter driver) but couldn't locate it.

I believe I updated (HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface) correctly.

I ran the file scan (sfc/scannow) with the results of "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I then ran (dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth) and got Error 87, option unknown.

I also reran the Diagnostic Tool and attached the new dump files.

Attachments

• W7F_21-10-2016.zip
    1 MB · Views: 569
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 52d, 1530e920, ffffbb816350f000}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
as you can see the above dump is the same as the last as was most of the other dumps apart from Bugcheck EF 'critical process died'. A number of drivers and apps are a little old including:

SASDIFSV64.SYS Fri Jul 22 00:03:00 2011: Superantispyware needs updating to a more recent version.

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 2 23:14:58 2012: Intel Engine management. You need both of the drivers linked below:
Laptops-and-netbooks :: IdeaPad-P-Series-laptops :: IdeaPad-P500-Touch-Notebook - Lenovo Support

LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 15:06:58 2010: Lenovo HD disk driver, so far no updates found. although there is a later version of the Intel storage driver
Laptops-and-netbooks :: IdeaPad-P-Series-laptops :: IdeaPad-P500-Touch-Notebook - Lenovo Support

I noticed your RAM modules are slightly different, one being 4GB and the other 2GB. Test the RAM asap and please leave Memtest86 running for as long as possible unless you see errors straight away.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Lastly it may help your cause by returning back to Windows 8, if possible. Even though Windows 10 runs fine you have no driver support. This is only a suggestion and of course the decision lies squarely with you... :)

Post any updates

Last edited:
Back