Windows 10 BSOD Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page since update from Windows 7

John Feher

I get the error (crash) in Windows 10 several times each week and I was hoping that perhaps someone would be so kind and point out where the problem might be.
In the past, I have usually opted to install new OSs fresh in order to avoid problems. This may be the only time in the last 15+ years that I gave it a try and let the new OS - Windows 10 - install itself over the old one, Windows 7. I would prefer to resolve this issue, if possible, rather than spend many hours reinstalling Windows 10 and many apps I am currently using.

I have attached the dump files.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John
[Seattle, WA]

Attachments

• W7F_26-02-2016.zip
    1 MB · Views: 375
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, a5a, 2e1ca72ed10, ffffd000293f8000}

Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v;r;kv;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;!peb;!sysinfo cpuinfo;!sysinfo machineid; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo smbios
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)
This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page.  This is a hardware memory error.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page
Arg2: 0000000000000a5a, physical page number
Arg3: 000002e1ca72ed10, zero
Arg4: ffffd000293f8000, zero
Hi John,
nearly all your dump files, apart from two, are like the one displayed above and indicate a memory error occurred. The other two dumps were both diferent in that one was a bugcheck 1A (severe memory management error) and Bugcheck 109 (driver issues, and memory error). So we seem to have a general theme of memory errors so it's only prudent to test the memory.
I do notice a couple of very old drivers which may or may not have some bearing on the issue:

e1y60x64.sys Tue Feb 15 20:21:13 2011: Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection

HECIx64.sys Tue Jun 23 21:28:14 2009: Intel Management Engine Interface

I checked your motherboard support page and it seems driver support stopped around Windows 7. There are some slightly later versions which you could try at least with the above:
Drivers & Software

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Oh and by the way, can you remember if you checked if you were compatible for Windows 10? I only ask due to lack of driver support.

Back