Windows 7 BSOD Finally trying to do something about it

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff68000001850, af000001f504f867, fffffa80073720d0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+13702 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of dump files stretching back over two years and the underlying issue looks memory related. The above dump file means a severe memory management issue occurred. It can be caused by software but usually it's faulty RAM so you'll need to check yours.
You also had dump files for registry (as well as Network errors too) errors so you might have some corruption going on within the os.
If you open the start menu and find command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Your drivers are old and in need of updating.
atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 16 20:18:02 2012: AMD gpu driver please update. You also need to update the AMD chipset drivers which can be found on the same page as the gpu driver but under the tab of 'optional downloads'
Desktop

I think your missing a Realtek Audio driver:
Realtek

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 09:04:13 2009: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
Realtek

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Wow thanks for the quick response. I'll try to get all this done today and reply back. Thanks again. Here are 2 more dumps that happened over night

Attachments

• RECENT DUMP.zip
    51.4 KB · Views: 351
alright so i have updated all the drivers and ran the memtest86 4.0 i had and it looks like i had 1 error, i guess now i take half the sticks out and re run to figure out what memory stick it is right? thanks again for the help. Will run the check disk but how do i Disable the Pagefile?

If you ran Memtest86 and found errors then I wouldn't worry about the other stuff as you have probably found the main culprit.
i guess now i take half the sticks out and re run to figure out what memory stick it is righ
Yes, you can now test the sticks individually to determine which is bad.

Last edited:
If you ran Memtest86 and found errors then I wouldn't worry about the other stuff as you have probably found the main culprit.

Yes, you can now test the sticks individually to determine which is bad.
Ok, so the past couple days I've tested each stick in one slot ranging from 5-16 hrs each test with no errors.

I've placed them all back and ran the memtest again and found over 100 within the hour. Guess that leads me to believe that one of the memory slots is bad right? I've tested 2 slots so far so I hope it's one of the others. Thanks again

Guess that leads me to believe that one of the memory slots is bad right?
This is a possible I guess but there may also be other reasons as to why when used together they error out and singularly they don't.

If you end up testing all the slots and things seem fine try this. Insert only 3 sticks of RAM and test again. Let me know if any errors show.

Ok I presume from the above you didn't have a stick in the 4th slot. Can you now try running sticks in slots 4,3,2 and see what the results are. If the fourth slot is bad then this test should show it. If no errors appear again then this still might mean a number of things.
I seem to remember that early Phenom chips had weak onboard memory controllers and running 4 sticks of RAM would result in a bsod. Turning up the voltage on the controller sometimes helped but I'm not saying that this is your issue but simply a possibility.
What is your current full system spec including make and model of PSU?
I'm off to bed shortly but will be back in the morning so will answer any further posts then. Hope all goes well.

so running 2,3,4 did not turn up any errors. This should be everything. Thanks again. At one point in time i did try overclocking and adjusting voltages but i am pretty sure i reset them back to normal. That was a couple years ago,

PSU- Corsair CX500M

Attachments

• Full System Spec.zip
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 398
Thank you.
At one point in time i did try overclocking and adjusting voltages
Your RAM settings don't look quite right like the voltage for example. Try going into the bios and choosing 'optimised defaults' which will set everything to it's default setting.

These are the setting they were at.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 434
Did you try the optimised defaults?

Also from the above screen you'd really need to highlight 'Dram configuration' and press enter then show that screen if possible. Normally those RAM sticks run at 1.5v although yours are at 1.6. from what I can tell..

Oh yea sorry. I hit "load optimized defaults" yesterday and here is the Dram screens.
ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1440510267.482402.jpg
ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1440510289.481546.jpg

Going to run memtest again and see if that works.

Last edited:
Ok.. Well things look fine and especially as you hit optimised defaults then hopefully Memtest86 won't error out.

Hey that's great!

See how you go and if the bsod returns then post the dump file. We never close threads so you can always come back whenever.
Hope all goes well and best of luck.. :)

Back