Windows 7 BSOD Finally trying to do something about it

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, 6e53001, 2899, fffff70001080000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4adf )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi again,
sorry to see your blue screens are back. I checked the dump files dated 2016 and almost all were Bugcheck 1A (Memory management) apart form a F4 which means a process was terminated for whatever reason.
I had a quick look through your drivers and a few do need updating:

AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 11:06:52 2014: AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard Known BSOD issues in Win7 please remove as a test.

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 16 20:18:02 2012: AMD Graphics driver. The last driver released for your card, which is now considered 'Legacy' is here:
Legacy

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. I know you tested before but with the amount of Bugcheck 1A's you had then it's prudent to check again.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Having a tough time getting the computer to stay on. It's keeps BSOD ing. Booted in safe mode and got a memory management BSOD. Should I try removing memory sticks?

Finally got it working to the point where I can type! Things I have done, Uninstalled adobe active x20, one the recent things I downloaded. Took out a memory stick. Currently installing the legacy driver and software and will do the AODdriver as well

You need to test that RAM again as something isn't right or run with 2 sticks in and 2 sticks out and see if it runs ok. If it does ok for a few days swap sticks and try again. See if you bsod using one set of sticks or both.

Hey there in a real bind here. Have one memory stick in. Doesn't start and goes through startup repair and just keeps searching for problems. Haven't got passed this stage.

So did it just start up like that or did you do something?

Things you could try:

Try booting from the windows disk (change boot order so that DVD/USB is first) and running a repair.

Try a different memory stick

Try booting into safe mode, press F8 when booting.

If you get into the advanced boot menu where safe mode is located look for 'last good known configuration' probably near the top. Try clicking that.

The repair never works and the last known didn't either. Tried booting in safe mode but hangs every time at this screen. Right after the classpnp file. I read that installing a new one could help. Please advise. Thanks
ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1452979220.565289.jpg

Damn... I didn't realise you had recently posted sorry. It's odd as I didn't get any messages to say that you'd posted.. Anyway, looking at the above list I'd say try system restore if you have any restore points otherwise it may simply be the case that windows has become so corrupted after all the blue screening you need to wipe the drive and start afresh.

Ok she I have all my memory sticks in, I formatted my hard drive with both partitions, re installed a fresh win 7 64x, which took forever. Came home and entered all the information for first time use which also was laggin the after work found the computer shut down. Restarted and gave me the safe mode options but got stuck on CLASSPNP.SYS again. This has to be a hardware issue right? Could my hard drive be corrupt? I will test the memory again. Motherboard? Thanks

I have all my memory sticks in
I thought we had determined what with all the dump files pointing to memory that the sticks may be bad?

Why did you put all of them back in?

As I stated above you need to try either a different stick or slot. If you keep using the same bad stick then of course the machine will just blue screen.
I'm surprised we are still dealing with this issue. I first told you that there was an issue with the RAM last August and it's now January 2016.

Look try using one stick at a time and see if the machine will start up.(I've asked you to do this before but never got an answer back as to whether you tried it or not) If it doesn't either change the stick or the slot it's in. See if you can get it to boot stably.

I guess once your back up and running you can run a chkdsk to check on the HDD but so far we have only seen error's for RAM. Try swapping those sticks around and see if you can get it to boot. Also just make sure you haven't accidentally knocked a connection somewhere and that they are all tight and in place.

The classpnp.sys issue could down to one or two things but try the solutions some of the solutions offered in this thread:
Windows 7 fails to go into safe mode. Stuck at classpnp.sys

Last edited:
When I had ran the memtest in August the memory wasn't bad. So I thought with a clean install of Windows I can just put them all back. Sorry, I'll go back to 1 at a time to try and boot and check all cables. Thank you. Didn't mean to upset you.

When I had ran the memtest in August the memory wasn't bad.
The reason Memtest86 didn't error out might be because it simply wasn't run for long enough. As we had some limited success with using individual sticks let's see, once your back up and running, if we can determine which sticks might the the bad ones.

Tested my HD on a laptop but didn't return any errors. Wouldn't install OS and would take forever when I tried. Installed OS on my storage drive and setup took like 20 minutes. So my HD was bad. Still will use it for storage though. Thanks

Back