Windows 7 BSOD flashes w/ automatic restart during boot attempt

Caseybear

Hello all. I'm posting on behalf of my boyfriend, obviously his laptop is unable to boot so I've been trying to gather as much information as I can so that I can try to figure out what he can do to fix it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Alright, so from what I've been able to gather, his Toshiba laptop restarted itself following a Windows 7 Home Premium update, sometime within the last month or so. Since then when he attempts to boot up his laptop - he gets the windows splash screen that lasts for a good 30 seconds. He then gets a quick flash of a BSOD, the screen goes black, and it restarts itself. The screen is so quick that he can't even read the error, but here's a crappy screenshot from a video he took of what was happening. I don't know if it helps any considering part of the error is cut off -_-

http://tinypic.com/r/2ntldvm/8

Anyways. He hit F8 at the start and tried literally every option in that screen (safe mode, restoring from last known good config, repair, etc) and when he selects any of those options, it begins that same process I described above. None of them work.

He doesn't have a windows disc or any possible way to download and burn a copy of windows because I'm not close to him right now. So is his only option going out and purchasing a brand new copy of windows? I'm trying my best to avoid that.

Actually when you press F8 there will be an option that's says to disable automatic restart. When you select that, you can see exactly what error message is being thrown. Please do that and repost.
I would also suggesting unplugging plug and battery from laptop and let sit for some time. About a couple of minutes and then try again.

Back