Windows 10 BSOD for different reasons, increasing frequency, latest one without minidump

SRoy

Hi:

Since buying this laptop (Dell Vostro 3558 Notebook with 4th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 39.62cm display with one-year onsite Support) this has been giving BSOD problems.

Dell support could not help:

The frequency of BSODs has increased over the past few weeks. Last time it happened, I checked a few entries and updated HW drivers etc. Today it happened twice: second time there was no .dmp file (the Blue screen stayed only for a second or so, no message regarding collecting info etc. that used to be shown earlier in such situations).

Request your help on this.

Thanks and regards, SRoy
PS: reason for two zips: yesterday I ran the system cleanup utility: the earlier .dmp files were part of the zip file created with the W7F Diagnostic tool the previous day

Attachments

• W7F_10-08-2016.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 411
  • W7F_18-08-2016.zip
    573.3 KB · Views: 280
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800567a0e28, ffffd001681fbd50, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+60 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
every dump file is the same and can be caused by a faulty system service, drivers or faulty hardware. I can see your running Panda Security Anti-Virus as well as Zone Alarm.
It's Zone Alarm which appears above (vsdatant.sys) and more importantly in the 'Call Stack' which gives us the probable culprit.
Please remove both Zone alarm and Panda Security. Just use the onboard Windows Defender and see if the bsod stops. Actually the Windows 10 version of Defender is pretty good and almost a straight copy of their server AV.

Just in case you haven't already make sure your drivers are up to date using your systems support page:
Product Support | Dell US

Please post any new dump files

Last edited:
Thank you, Kemical, for your response.

I have uninstalled both (Panda & Zone Alarm). At this point, it is only Windows Defender.

I had updated the drivers etc. Checking it again.

Do we need to install any personal firewall?

Thanks again, and regards: SRoy

Do we need to install any personal firewall?
Hi,
thanks for the update and no, as Neem's points out above, you only need the Windows firewall which should be working by default.

Any problems please post back including any new dump files.

Thanks, both: yes, indeed it was on.
No problems since I implemented your suggestions.
Going ahead, I will keep you in the know about mishaps.

Regards, SRoy

Hi SRoy,
much thanks for the update. Hope all goes well but if not please post back.

Back
Top Bottom