Windows Vista BSOD internal_power_error, how to fix this ?

Problemator

Everytime i try to turn on windows normally, i get blue screen with internal power error. The only way to turn it on is to use safe mode. I attached a photo of the blue screen.
I cant set screen resolution to higher than 1280x1024 in safe mode, but when i boot linux live from flash drive, it's normally in 1920x1080.
How can i fix this ?

Attachments

• BSOD_internal_power_error.jpg
    BSOD_internal_power_error.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 843
Last edited:
Hi,
the blue screen means a power policy manager has a fatal error and shutdown.

See if you have any dump files in folder marked Minidump in the main windows folder. If so please zip them up and send them in.

In the meantime have you tried updating your drivers? If the machine will work fine in safe mode then chances are it's a driver issue so update them .

Here are dump files.

I uninstalled graphics card driver, but it didnt help. I uninstalled also Android emulator "Andy" and all VMware drivers (It's probably from emulator, and all had yellow triangles)

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 495
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A0, {101, 7, c9fb6710, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VMkbd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VMkbd.sys
Probably caused by : VMkbd.sys ( VMkbd+1567 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
thanks for posting the dump files.. :) Most are like the above (caused by the power policy manager experiencing a fatal error). There was one solitary dump file, a bugcheck 7F which can be caused by failed hardware (usually RAM) although drivers can also be blamed.
All the dump files named VMkbd.sys as a probable cause:

VMkbd.sys Wed Jun 24 21:21:46 2015: VMware keyboard filter driver. Your system seems unhappy with this driver and if possible please remove it whilst we test (this you have already done yes?), you may have to use a different keyboard so if you have a spare or could lend one from a friend even better.

ASACPI.sys Wed Oct 18 06:44:46 2006: Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7 and Win8). Also a part of many Asus utilities please remove to test.

Would you mind removing AVG and installing MSE please? We ask this as AVG is known for issues on odd occasions and MSE is ultra stable:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14210/security-essentials-download

sptd.sys Thu Dec 11 14:51:42 2014: SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Windows) please remove to test.

Please find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Your motherboard support page is here:
P5K/EPU - Support

Post back with any new dump files.

Thank you for your reply.
I already uninstalled all drivers with yellow triangles showed in device manager.

Meanwhile i tried to repair system with windows installation dvd, but it didn't do anything i guess, becaouse it finished after like 10 seconds. But now i cant even use safe mode anymore, and blue screen only flashes for not even half a second and computer automatically resets. I use Linux Mint 17.1 live from usb right now.

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 498
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A0, {101, 7, c6fba708, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VMkbd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VMkbd.sys
Probably caused by : VMkbd.sys ( VMkbd+1567 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Hi,
as you can see it's still the same driver causing the issues
But now i cant even use safe mode anymore, and blue screen only flashes for not even half a second and computer automatically resets
Did this happen after you tried to repair the os with the install disk?

I already uninstalled all drivers with yellow triangles showed in device manager.
These drivers probably needed updating not removing

See if this guide helps:
How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

You may need to change your boot order so that CD/DVD ROM is first so do check on that before trying the above guide.

Did this happen after you tried to repair the os with the install disk?
Yes, i did it like in this tutorial.
I used auto repair, but it didnt find anything. After this repair, when i tried next time, i saw that my operation system doesnt show up there anymore.

Is there any way to remove this driver ? Actually i think that now the only option is reinstalling whole os. :/

Is there any way to remove this driver ?
You mean the VMbd.sys driver? You could try doing a search for it and then if you find it create a back up of the driver itself just in case something goes wrong. You could then rename the driver to something like VMbd.old which should break it.

You could locate and remove the driver like so
  • Locate the driver with driverquery /v | findstr /I VMbd.sys
  • With the name of the driver from the previous command locate the oem#.inf file by typing pnputil -e and look for the driver name
  • Type pnputil -d oem##.inf and that will uninstall and remove the driver

But where do i type it ? I can't even use safe mod right now. I can boot linux from pendrive in live mode or i can use vista instalation disc and there is cmd.

I think Neem's meant using an admin command prompt or cmd. I'm sure he'll post later and expand on this for you.

Thank you guys for your time, i really appreciate your help !
I decided to install fresh Windows 7 64 bit.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom