Windows 7 BSOD just started happening, random interval, getting more frequent

Jimmy Calhoun

New to the forums, so I hope i read through all the rules and got everything you all need. I'm used to troubleshooting issues on my own and have worked as an IT consultant for 6 years. I'll admit BSOD is not my strong suit and I couldn't even get the analysis tools to run properly on my machine, stupid symbols. Attached are my grabs from W7F, CPU-Z, and RAMMon. These BSODs have happened in the middle of me playing games, browsing the web, and even when I'm not at home and the machine should be idle. I would appreciate any help. Trying to get this machine to last me another year before I replace it :).

Attachments

• W7F_27-12-2013.zip
    3 MB · Views: 331
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007cb7038, b2000040, 800}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
bugcheck 124 is normally a hardware error, are your cpu temps ok or have you been overclocking at all?. You also have dmp files pointing to graphic drivers but I'll know better once I've gone through your dmp file.

As your system is several years old certain driver updates have been discontinued. I'll try and find what's update-able:

lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 23:32:45 2007
LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 17:26:56 2008
RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver.
Update if possible:
https://secure.logmein.com/UK/

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 21:55:14 2009:
SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Win7) Please remove.

vpcnfltr.sys Sat Nov 20 11:35:20 2010:
Vmware.. Update if possible:
http://www.vmware.com/support.html

Also please sfc (system file checker). Open an admin cmd prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Go to My computer, right click on pc icon and click properties. Look for Tools and then check now or error checking. Make sure you tick boxes so repairs are done.
Lastly if your still getting bsod run memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/

I'm running prime 95 right now and during one of the tests it got up to around 68C - 71C, but i guess that could be normal. Idle it was running in the low 50's. No OC'ing and I did a driver refresh a few weeks ago on a few things like mobo, bios, and gpu. Did an sfc /scannow a few week ago too, no issues.

Thanks, I'll try your other suggestions as well.

If you do have further bsod's in the meantime please post..

Not seeing anything in tools for check now or error checking this in windows 7, can you clarify? Can you tell me the command this would run, like chkdsk /fr?

"Go to My computer, right click on pc icon and click properties. Look for Tools and then check now or error checking. Make sure you tick boxes so repairs are done."

Gotcha, must be slightly different, not familiar with the gui anyway. Chkdsk reported no issues, but I did find a firmware update for my OS drive. May as well do that while I'm dicking with things. So far, I uninstalled daemon tools and a bunch of other apps I don't really need anymore, ran Prime95 which didn't find any problems, and was going to run FurMark next. I didn't have any VMware apps installed on this box, but i googled that driver you mentioned and its for Windows Virtual pc, which I had XP mode on here from a while back. Don't think that will affect anything but removing it anyway since i dont use it anymore.

One thing I noticed was speed issues with the fans. I've got a stupid ASUS probe app that tells me my fan speeds on 3 of my fans are below the low threshold and one is reporting either 0 or over 2000. I think the one reporting 0 must have a bad sensor. Temperatures are fine on everything according to speed fan. Like I said earlier, the highest temperature I saw was on my CPU during the Prime95 tests (keep wanting to type primer 55, good band, hehe) and that was max 73C. Doesn't seem like too much cause for concern.

Going to blow dust out my machine tomorrow and reseat some hardware. Probably trying too many things at once, but i hate waiting :).

Hi Jimmy,
Updating the firmware on your os drive will help. As for everything else you pretty much got it covered. See how you go and if you do get any further bsod please post the dmp file or files and i'll read them asap. As for dust bunnies ect.. Good idea! I usually clean my system every 3months which is a tad over zealous for some I know but it works for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom