Windows 7 BSOD Message "Memory Management"

TomG628

Hi, I just received a BSOD with the normal memory dump info at the bottom of the screen but at the top it says "Memory_Management".
I have 12 gig of ram with Win 7-64 bit, and usually use Sleep mode when shutting down a session. Someone suggested it could have been caused by my repeated use of sleep mode. Could not restarting and rebooting Windows after several sessions using sleep mode have caused the blue screen? Thanks. Tom

This problem highlighted by using sleep is an underlying memory fault, so you could avoid the problem by not using sleep, but the problem is still there and could cause issue in other operations where the Ram was sufficiently stressed.

I had the same issue last month with a system and it came down to using Ram the motherboard and i7 controller wasn't totally happy with.

You could try turning down the Ram frequency in the bios, but you would of course have to be able to faithfully reproduce the fault to debug it.

Last edited:
Hi, I just received a BSOD with the normal memory dump info at the bottom of the screen but at the top it says "Memory_Management".
I have 12 gig of ram with Win 7-64 bit, and usually use Sleep mode when shutting down a session. Someone suggested it could have been caused by my repeated use of sleep mode. Could not restarting and rebooting Windows after several sessions using sleep mode have caused the blue screen? Thanks. Tom

Hi Tom,

please read the sticky found here:

http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

Post the results and we will endeavour to help..

Back