Windows 7 BSOD on computer recently updated from winxp to windows 7

pinscomputer

Hi,

I'm a new member... Hoping that some experienced members might be able to provide some help/insight into a BSOD that was reported on a desktop computer.

Some Background...
SR2002X desktop that had been running windows XP until recently.
AMD 5200+ X2 processor
2GB memory - pc2 5300 2x 1GB
ASUS a8m2n NAOS motherboard

I upgrade the operating system from windows XP to windows 7. Everything has been working just fine for the last 2 weeks.

yesterday, a BSOD was reported.
I have attached the mini dump file.

I have reviewed the minidump with windbg using the !analyze -v command.

The output indicates that one possible problem is that a disk sector where the pagefile was located became corrupted.

So what I have tried so far is to rebuild the page file:
1. turn off the pagefile
2. run chkdisk
3. run Seagate DOS seatools
4. turn pagefile back on (automatically managed)

However, I suspect the pagefile error is NOT the actual cause of the problem since no disk errors were reported by chkdsk OR seatools.

This may be mis-leading; however, the only thing that the user of the computer changed PRIOR to the BSOD was turning on the standard "3D text" screensaver built into windows 7.

I would appreciate it if anyone could review the minidump and possibly provide some help.

Attachments

• W7F_20-09-2014.zip
    741.2 KB · Views: 302
OOPS!... didn't realize the forum had created that nice tool to extract all the debug info necessary.

have been able to get back on the computer with the problem and ran the W7F Diagnostic tool.

on the PREVIOUS post, the attached file was replaced with the zipped results of the W7F tool....

thanks again for any help

Back
Top Bottom